Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1741 - 1751 of 1751 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,741
Yeah
Love the pic of the suspension loaded on the banking.
Yeah me too! The banked turn was a bit creepy at first. I was up at around 135mph when I would enter the banked turn off the main straight.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,224 Posts
It has it's highlights for sure, as do the other tracks. I cannot wait to test myself again at Roval and then again to improve. My last bout was in my 07 STi... yea. Been a min.

Also the physics of the bank and having to go faster for more grip against what you want to do brings out the balls in us LOL

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,743
Sold the forester XS I had and replaced it with this:

Its going to be nice to be able to trailer the GC to the track now. Speaking of which, I'll be going to the season closer for Subie Challenge is this Saturday at Streets of Willow.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,746
Took the Raptor and the hound up to the snow we had the day after Christmas. Gotta test it out!

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,748
Also in Dec there was the last round for subie challange at Streets of willow. My wife came out with me and and raced her bugeye.

I got second place for Class 2 (1:29.04) and she got second place for Class 3 (1:29.88)

I also realized that the previews owner of the raptor adjusted the spring perches in the front to the highest setting hence why the front looks to damn high with a trailer(it comes stock on the lower perch setting). No issues towing the GC minus the 10 MPG while towing(its not that bad as it get 13 MPG normally) A 6.2L V8 tends to do that 🤣.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,749
I won first place for the season for the 2019 Subie Challenge in Class 2!

I have really improved my driving skills though out the season(as you can see my times from the first half vs the second half) which is what the Subie Challenge series is all about! The organizers put on a great season and gave out some really cool plaques, thanks guys!. And I have to say thanks to my awesome wife who supported me and encouraged when even when I was doing crappy in he beginning.

I cant wait to start the 2020 season here on the 22nd of Feb at Big Willow. My goals for this year are to get under 2:00 at buttonwillow 13 CW and hopefully under 2:00 at Chuckwalla as well.

1741 - 1751 of 1751 Posts