Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1721 - 1740 of 1742 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,721
My Ohilns arrived and I have been working on getting them installed for the next subie challenge event in 1 week.

Fronts are buttoned up with the whiteline revised RCA kit.

I opted to install the camber plate in a canted position to maximize the positive caster(now doing it like this will also decrease the negative camber, but it will also lower the SAI, high SAI reduces negative camber when you turn) Now a lot of suspension tuning is compromises so I'm not exactly sure which will offer better front end grip. I will talk to West End tomorrow to see what they think about this before I take the car to them to align it.

Ohlins for whatever reason decided they didn't want to offer this coilover kit with adjustable rear shock mounts. Kinda silly because they use the spherical bearing like a normal camber plate would, just the slots are missing! I measured the orginal Ohlins part but added camber adjusting slots and water jetted it out at work.

Deburred, brushed and painted with metal cast blue:

Roll center kit!

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
128 Posts
Are those Ohlins in GC or GD fitment? How do you like them? Sorry, I don't remember which drivetrain you are running.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,724 (Edited)
Are those Ohlins in GC or GD fitment? How do you like them? Sorry, I don't remember which drivetrain you are running.
Yeah they are 05-07 GD STi fitment. I haven't driven the car yet with them installed. I really wont be able to tell how they feel till I get the car aligned later in the week. I'll give them a good test this Sunday at the track for Subie Challenge round 7 at AAA Speedway.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,725
I talked with West End yesterday and thy don't like the camber plates canted at positive/positive. They recommended I swap them right to left making them and caster and negative camber. This would increase the SAI a bit but it will also help put my scrub radius closer to where it was from the factory.

My alignment appointment is on Thursday morning.

·
Registered
2.5RS, STI, BRZ, ZL1 vert, X5D
128 Posts
Yeah they are 05-07 GD STi fitment. I haven't driven the car yet with them installed. I really wont be able to tell how they feel till I get the car aligned later in the week. I'll give them a good test this Sunday at the track for Subie Challenge round 7 at AAA Speedway.
God damn it.. I've been looking for a used set of them for years.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,729
Here is how I have the front camber plates installed at the advice of West end.

Got the car aligned this moring at West End.

I asked for a track spec alignment and here are the specs they recommended and were able to achieve.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,180 Posts
I know you don't drive her much but if you have never ran -3 in front, be prepared to ruin some rubber :p

Those specs look awesome. I got -3.1/-2.5 with my KW V3'S

Ricco - You have some bomb stuff, swap on Swift springs and enjoy! I know I will.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,732
I know you don't drive her much but if you have never ran -3 in front, be prepared to ruin some rubber :p

Those specs look awesome. I got -3.1/-2.5 with my KW V3'S
I can guarantee you the tires will be thrashed from track sue before they wear out from the camber settings ahahaha. So far the car feels awesome in the canyon on the way home.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,737
But you will be surprised on what 1 degree does, I mean I was prepared per say, but still, was like wow.. this is $$$$$ :lol:
Well, you know how you make a small fortune in racing right?

Start with a large one! 🤣

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,739
The car survived another track day! Subie Challenge round 7 was Sunday at Auto Club Speedway. I managed a 1:59.5 which got me second place for S2 Class(I was 1.8 seconds behind the 1st place). This was my first time running this track, I like Buttonwillow and Streets of Willow much better.

GT3RS flying by me on the main straight 🤣

The new coil overs and alignment felt awesome. So much more grip. I cant wait to go back to Streets of Willow in Dec to compare my times from before.

1721 - 1740 of 1742 Posts