Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1701 - 1720 of 1759 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,701
A couple shots that I got from Sat at SoW.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with eh Caliphoto pics this last time so I didn't buy them.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you get one long enough to span through the whole tank you dont need to daisy chain. Only issue is keeping it flat.

I remember watching a vid years back and I think they used magnets to hold it in place.

I was thinking that too last night. Wonder if you can daisy chain 2.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,707
whats the exact color of this car? i know its def a avery supreme wrap
The car was wrapped before I did the widebody(Avery supreme wrap Bright Blue metallic SW-900-646-M)

It's no wrap Mr.
Bue is correct, the car is now painted in World Rally Blue paint code O2C.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,708 (Edited)
So I have been thinking about upgrading my springs and I was browsing my favorite JDM importer; JDM Racing Motors. I saw these beauties:

For a little under $1k I couldn't say no! They are the inverted DFV(Dual Flow Valve) version with 7k front springs and 5k rears.

I like that Ohlins supports their products, parts for these will be available for rebuilds on these in the future. Unfortunate my Whiteline coilovers don't have any service support anymore so I'm happy to upgrade.

And of course an impulse buy(that's what i get for going on that site :mamoru:

·
Banned
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,236 Posts
I attempted the RC tank anti-surge mod and it did not help my car, I'm certain I did it correctly but ultimately removed it as I noticed no improvement.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,711
I attempted the RC tank anti-surge mod and it did not help my car, I'm certain I did it correctly but ultimately removed it as I noticed no improvement.
Hmm I think it does also depend on how much lateral gs your car can pull. From what I have read on the subject the R/C plane tank seems to work on street tires(at least those that can normally fit on the GC). As you get into slicks and wide tires (Like mine) it will be less effective. They are dirt cheap so may as well give it a try.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,716
This past Saturday was round 6 of Subie Challenge at Button willow 13CW, it was also GT-R shootout so there was tons of GT-Rs of all type there on Sat.

There was a few R34s too! including this really sweet Mine's replica:

One of the new R35 GT-R race cars with a pro driver was putting down 1:44 laps. He was flying around that track.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,717 (Edited)
I was able to set a new PB of 2:05.8 which is 9 seconds faster than my previous at Buttonwillow 13CW earlier this year. My 2:05.8 was also good enough for 1st place out of 5 people in the S2 class Subie Challenge for the day.
For what ever reason the gopro didnt turn on for my fastest lap :/ and the GPS seems to be lagging when I record the video off the gopro rather than the phone itself. I'll have to see if I can fix that for next time. i tried to adjust the sync to make the GPS overlay more accurate to were i'm at on track.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,719
My wife came out at the end of the day Saturday to watch my last session as she was running on Sunday with one of her Subie girl friends. It was nice spending the night up there with her rather than driving back 3.5 hrs after a long track day.

On Sunday she set a new PB for her as well!:clap: 2:08

1701 - 1720 of 1759 Posts