Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1661 - 1680 of 1745 Posts

·
Registered
99 WRB GC V9 Spec C RA recce
904 Posts
^ which would be countered by the cooler. Exhaust does a great got and warming the pan up. Think about warming up the car and waiting for the oil to warm up when your coolant is just as cold as the oil to start.
not if you have thermostat that starts to open once oil is warmed up
I used to run Spec C thermostat/oil cooler and I can tell you by experience it took longer for the oil to warm up, than when you have the stock oil cooler connected
your exhaust manifold doesn't get THAT hot when you are warming up the car, unless of course you are running ALS )

BTW this is Socal, anything below 58 is getting cold. :lol:
then he needs a fan sitting on top of that oil cooler core :lol:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,663
I think I'm gonna keep the OEM cooler loop. I dont see any down side. The external cooler would still be removing heat from the oil. Most of the time the oil will be hotter than the coolant anyway so they will both be helping cool things down.

I have never seen my water temp gauge move form normal on track(I know its not the most accurate).

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,664
It was my birthday this past Tuesday and my super awesome wife got me this for my birthday present

Its perfect since my helmet I had was getting older and wasn't up to date enough for some of the events, and was open faced.

Shes a keeper for sure! :banana:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,667
The MPSS I have had on the car finally had enough so time to replace them with some more track oriented rubber.

I was looking at a lot of the different 200TW tires Dunlop Direzza ZIII, Hankook RS4(apparently i cant get these in my size :/ ) Falken Azenis RT615K+, Bridgestone Potenza Re71R.

I have a friend that gets great pricing on Falken tires so I went with them. Falken has changed the compound with the release of the +. Its supposedly the same compound as the Dunlop Direzza ZII Star spec.

Meaty!

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,668
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this little guy that I got from my friend Tony OC Auto Spa/Wicked Detailing who did the ceramic coating on my car. He went back to stock on his 05 JDM STi Swapped 05 WRX. So I got first dibs on the whiteline RCA kit!

Looks to be the updated ball joints so I shouldn't have a problem with them walking out of the pockets in the knuckle.

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
wait what about the bump steer correction coming out of their pockets? i've had a weird clunk that I cant diagnose, and it really might be that. great updates

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,672
wait what about the bump steer correction coming out of their pockets? i've had a weird clunk that I cant diagnose, and it really might be that. great updates
This is the updated kit from whiteline where they addressed that issue. It was the first relese ones that did that. Any of the black housings ones are the updated version.

On another note, I can no longer edit the first post any more which is super lame. As if the forums needed help getting screwed over :mad:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,674
WHAAAAAAT? Is there a time out or something? I just edited a first post the other day...
I just accessed it on the computer, its good now. I think it was just bugging out on mobile. Thank god, I'd be so pissed if I couldn't update the first post.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,677
I'm cool with the composites manager at work and I asked him if he could make me a carbon heat shield for my intake. He used the stock steel as a mold, came out awesome!

Here is the weight of the stock one(using it as a mold left some weave imprints on it):

and the carbon one:

1661 - 1680 of 1745 Posts