Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1581 - 1600 of 1745 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,582
Thanks guys! There is still a few things I need to fix/do before Chuckwalla next month.

Something is making my clutch pedal not return under high RPM(normal low rpm shifting or when the car isn’t on it works just fine). I have already replace both the slave and master and bred them properly, so I’m not sure what it could be.

And I really need to figure out why my ABS doesn’t work. It was really annoying not having it this past weekend(there was a puddle at the end of the main straight going into the skid pad and it made breaking very difficult and almost impossible to be consistent. I know I was losing a ton of time there braking too early).

·
Registered
'98 Impreza Outback Sport
2 Posts
So I spent the better half of today going through this and I'm so inspired to build a wide body impreza now. Any idea on weight? Have you corner balanced the car? Looks absolutely amazing and congrats on the win!!

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,587
So I spent the better half of today going through this and I'm so inspired to build a wide body impreza now. Any idea on weight? Have you corner balanced the car? Looks absolutely amazing and congrats on the win!!
Thanks!

I haven’t corner balanced or weighted it yet. It’s on the list to do. I have been thinking about upgrading the springs to some stiffer ones so that is the main reason I haven’t done the corner balance yet. I have a white line roll center kit waiting to go on at the same time.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,588
Subie challenge round two was last weekend at Chuckwalla Raceway. This was my first time at Chuckwalla.

My first session I got a 2:30.5 lap as my best. I managed 2:21.5 in the second session saving 8 seconds off. The fastest time of the S2 class in was a 2:04. I'm happy to be getting some seat time in as the car is totally different than before and I'm used to lower speeds of autox so the road courses take some getting used to.

Unfortunately a few laps into my 3rd session the throw out bearing popped out of the pressure plate and I had no clutch after that. I was able to get it back to the paddock but my track day was cut short. AAA took forever to come and i had to take two different trucks to get home.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,589
I had just swapped out my Competition Clutch for a Exedy OEM replacement and lightweight fly wheel(I have hated the Competition Clutch, stiff and makes noise when you feather the clutch).

I'm not sure why the TOB popped out of the pressure plate but ill be pulling to motor today to find out.

·
Registered
2001 gm6
103 Posts
I had just swapped out my Competition Clutch for a Exedy OEM replacement and lightweight fly wheel(I have hated the Competition Clutch, stiff and makes noise when you feather the clutch).

I'm not sure why the TOB popped out of the pressure plate but ill be pulling to motor today to find out.

Crap I just bought a stage2 competition clutch:blol:. Do u trailer the car to the track? If you have a truck, uhaul car trailer is $55 a day. Would come in handy in these situations, I hate waiting on tow trucks! I used it to tow my project car when HG blew, and tow company said it's a 2 hour wait lol. I went, rented a uhaul truck+trailer and got her home in those 2 hours :lol:

Any interest in a sponsorship? Nightmotorsports Corp is looking to sponsor 3 socal subies, 5,000 off one of their engine rebuilds. They have a whole 9 yard build is an awesome warranty, I forgot how long and how many miles, just throwing it out there since your ride is one of the cleanest in socal

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,592
Crap I just bought a stage2 competition clutch:blol:. Do u trailer the car to the track? If you have a truck, uhaul car trailer is $55 a day. Would come in handy in these situations, I hate waiting on tow trucks! I used it to tow my project car when HG blew, and tow company said it's a 2 hour wait lol. I went, rented a uhaul truck+trailer and got her home in those 2 hours :lol:

Any interest in a sponsorship? Nightmotorsports Corp is looking to sponsor 3 socal subies, 5,000 off one of their engine rebuilds. They have a whole 9 yard build is an awesome warranty, I forgot how long and how many miles, just throwing it out there since your ride is one of the cleanest in socal

I haven't been traliering the car but I want to. Yeah I was looking at the uhaul, not bad.

My Comp clutch was a segmented stage 3 so you might be ok.

Interesting on the sponsorship, I suppose I need to win first :lol:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,597
What fun, I'm super jealous. Can't wait to get to a track. Is yours close to you?

1.21, those VQ37's sound great with an exhaust...
Most of em are about 2-3 hours away. The VQs either sound great or horrible, there isnt a middle. And more times than not its on the horrible side.

even on the flat bed, your car looks better than most do..on the ground.
:lol:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,599
You are like a 5yo out there eating chicken wings. So much left on the plate to clean up!

Looks like a good time
Oh for sure, there is tons of time to make up. I need more seat time to get comfortable with the car. That is kinda the whole point of the subie challenge, to get people out of track to become better drivers. Autox I’m totally comfortable and can push the car way more than what I am currently comfortable with on track. Even in my second session was better than the first ad I shaved off 8 seconds. I’ll be going out to buttonwillow next month!

1581 - 1600 of 1745 Posts