Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 1745 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
i like it... it looks almost like my car minus the 2dr chassis... i think we also have the same type of motor also.
Yeah they do look pretty similar. Motor is pretty much the same but have the awesome spec c motor. :drool:

·
Registered
99 V5 STI RA Ltd. #0450/1000
2,978 Posts
Unfortunately I just have the normal version 8 with the VF37. I wish I had the spec C...
both turbos are pretty good.. prefer the VF36 still but VF37 are pretty good. a friend of mine has a equal length with VF37 turbo on his 2.5lt 04 STI in Virginia. i loves the mid range HP. http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t174788-coming-home-sti.html

well, maybe you should get a VF36 or the famous VF42 from a S203/204.. i am looking for a VF42 and if one does come across me, i will pick it up.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Where did you get your car wrapped at?
It was done at 7L Autosports, they are located in the city of Ontario.

both turbos are pretty good.. prefer the VF36 still but VF37 are pretty good. a friend of mine has a equal length with VF37 turbo on his 2.5lt 04 STI in Virginia. i loves the mid range HP. http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t174788-coming-home-sti.html

well, maybe you should get a VF36 or the famous VF42 from a S203/204.. i am looking for a VF42 and if one does come across me, i will pick it up.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing a turbo swap. A bit more power would be nice, nothing too crazy. I kinda want to go back to single scroll with UEL headers. I had a 05 WRX before and I really like the sound of the UEL headers. I was thinking maybe a 20g^7cm with an EWG. I dont think a 20g will be to hard on a 207 as I hear they are pretty stout.

The only worry is I'm not sure how bad a 20g would kill my response as I autox the car once a month. As it is now the vf37 has really nice response thanks to the twin scroll.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Finished up my HID retrofit, went with fx-35r projectors from the retrofit source. They are nice because they are Bi-Xenon so I get the high beams too. I paired them up with OEM ballasts and OEM HID capsules. I was also able to get a set of 05 STi leveling motors working on the GC headlights.

It defiantly makes the front end look more aggressive.

I'll get some output pics probably tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Awesome shot from the subiefest autox:

I got 7th place in the turbo stock/light mod class. Originally I was classes in turbo race prepared class but I argued that I wasn't on r comps and I had light mods so they let me move to the light mod class. Had I stayed in turbo race prepared I actually would have won the class. This year the stock/ light mod cars where faster than the turbo race prepared group.

On another note I have to stop being lazy and get some HID retrofit output pics up. I'll probably do it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
oh man i love the retro fit. did you do the work yourself?

i am intersted in doing a retro fit, only i wouldn't be using the same type as you. hit me up if you areinterested in helping me out.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #138 (Edited)
^Yup I did all the work my self(I have done a couple retrofits before, my 05 WRX and my friends bugeye. The GC has been the most difficult, not as much space to work with).

I was able to adapt 04 STi electric Beam leveling motors to the headlights(some GC STi's in the UK have an electronic beam leveler). I also finally got some ok shots of the out put. I need to figure out what camera settings would work best to get accurate pics of the beam.

Low Beams:

High beam:

Low Beam side view:

One more of the low beam against the wall:

Oh and here is a hi res close up of the retrofit(The others kinda sucked):

121 - 140 of 1745 Posts