Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 1742 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Took the car out today to El Toro for another autox. So much fun, I wish more of my subie buddies would come out. My best time of the day was an 85.43 while the leader of the class can in at about a 79.xx. The class I run in is super competitive and there are some very skilled drivers in very fast cars. I have some improving to do but thats all part of the fun, driver mod FTW! :banana:

I'm also loving the harry's lap timer app, make the autox vids much more interesting because you can actually follow whats going on way easier.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Post man brought me something today:

My brother was seeing if the paint matches his car. It does, but too bad for him since its mine :lol: It was supposed to come with the JDM beam but it wasn't there so I have to talk to the shipper about that. I'm tempted to get a partial refund and just buy a new one at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
And also another update, I was driving home from my closing shift at work. I stopped for gas and as I was pulling into the gas station I heard a scraping/dragging noise. I looked around under the car and saw nothing. Left the gas station and heard it again. I pulled over and checked under the car again and found this:

I had it towed home because it cant be driven like that.

One ear is smooth and the other is freshly broken. My guess is one ear has been broken for a while. Strange thing was I didn't hear any noises till both broke. I hope nothing got bent due to no trailing arm being attached.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Yay! My car is finally one color! Installed the JDM rear bumper and finished the vinyl on both bumpers Friday. Took some pictures later that night at the Friday night Burbank Krispy Kreme meet.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Just found a 3 piece front lip for a bugeye from a guy on Nasioc for a decent price. Next project is to modify it to fit the RS. :banana:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
After some slight modifications I was able to fit the bugeye lip on the version 6 bumper. It looks like it was ment for this bumper.

Best part of the vinyl wrap is it makes color matching new parts really easy.

·
Registered
93 L wag (RIP) Now 97 LGT Wag
815 Posts
this is probably the best journal i've read! would ya mind telling me how you got that lip to fit? it looks great!

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
this is probably the best journal i've read! would ya mind telling me how you got that lip to fit? it looks great!
Thanks!

Yeah, the lip fits suprisingly well. There is a raised section on the back of the side piece where the vents are that needs to be trimmed down to clear the bumper skin. I opted to fit the lip on the lines that are already on the bumper where the version 6 lip goes normally. The only problem with doing it this way is the vents no longer line up. The only way around this is to cut the bumper skin or mount the side pieces higher up on the bumper(this causes the front of the side pieces to not fit as well.

Other than that I just drilled new holes in the bottom of the bumper skin and mounted them with 1/4-20 bolts. Some of them needed a decent amount of washers to get the side pieces to sit right so there isnt tons of stress on the double sided tape.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Damn looks so good David, are you going to wrap your skirts?
Thank you, your car is coming along nicely too! Are you coming out to the long beach meet on Tuesday?

Yeah, I'm planning on wrapping them too. I also want to do something with the rear. I have been looking at the HTautos stuff. I'm debating on which I like better:

Or:

I'm leaning more to the first one, since it works with the version 6 spats. The second one pictured is not as aggressive looking(looks more rounded). I think the diffuser with ver 6 spats will flow better with the bugeye front lip.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
01 2.5RS
2,115 Posts
HT Autos stuff might be a lil pricey since they're in the UK. I went last tuesday, where were you?? Yea i think Ill cruise this week.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
HT Autos stuff might be a lil pricey since they're in the UK. I went last tuesday, where were you?? Yea i think Ill cruise this week.
Yeah, the shipping is what makes it expensive. That and the crappy dollar to GBP conversion rate. They seem to make good stuff tho.

I was in San Diego for the past two weeks on a family vacation :D

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Yup, its all vinyl wrap. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I just hope it lasts a decent while. No pealing or fading yet, for some of the vinyl it has been on there for 3 months. Is way cheaper than a decent paint job.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I am impressed. great looking car.

what were the final numbers after the tune?
Thanks! I love the flairs on your car, glad to see its back on the road.

I got it road tuned, the airboy dyno said it was about 280whp. But for some reason it doesn't like swapped GC's and reads a bit strange. I'd like to put it on a real dyno and see what it reads.

101 - 120 of 1742 Posts