Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 1745 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Just picked up a brand new aluminum RS hood from 7L Autosport for $500. :banana:

I also decided to weigh both hood since they were off. The stock hood was first:

The new aluminum hood came in at:

That's a 19 pound difference off the front of the car, not too shabby. It feels waaaaay lighter when you open the hood. Plus it came primed in black, it matches my car better than the STM hood I had before.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I Also just finished collecting the necessary parts I need to swap over to try to get the engine swap BAR certified in CA. I don't need the cops ruing my day if they pop the hood.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
01 2.5RS
2,115 Posts
Hell yeah on the hood, now your down to just 2 colors lol Im def buying one off Harry/Steve soon. Did Joey get you his td04?

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hell yeah on the hood, now your down to just 2 colors lol Im def buying one off Harry/Steve soon. Did Joey get you his td04?
Yup, down to two colors :banana:I was happy when I saw it came in black.
Yeah I also go the turbo. I'm gonna go to get the bar inspection end of the month/mid next month.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
Just picked up a set of 60mm Defi gauges, they match the version 8 cluster perfectly. I'm also making it so i can mount the pod to the hinges for the center dash pod so i can keep the upper storage bin.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Also went to another autox this past weekend at El Toro. I got to test out the lap timer app and mount I got for my iPhone. Not bad quality for a phone:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
dang swap 109. looking good.

i got #43
Nice! Ken Block swap huh? LOL

Update for today, dash is in and defi gauges installed. I still need the HVAC controls(in the process of switching them over to red to match the rest of the lighting) and the Radio.

Added a mount for the gauge pod to the upper dash bin hinges to retain the upper dash pod.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Started to reupholster the door cards with ultra suede. First one turned out pretty good:

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Finished off the interior, its nice having music when I drive now. I hadn't had a stereo in the car since I got it. I also have decided that rather than painting it I'm going to vinyl wrap the car. So far the hood, grill, and roof has been wrapped. I chose bright blue metallic from Avery.

This is a pic from the Avery website of a car wrapped in the same color film I'm using.

I'll post up pics of my car tomorrow when I wash it.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
01 2.5RS
2,115 Posts
Wait what?!? You traded your car for a Kia??!?

Lol, you get the rest of the vinyl to finish?

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Wait what?!? You traded your car for a Kia??!?

Lol, you get the rest of the vinyl to finish?
:lol: never!

naw not yet the vinyl is on back order, I need to get a few things first anyway, like a set of fenders and the door ding trim holes need to be welded up.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
UPDATE!
Finally got a full roll of the Avery Supreme Wrap. With the the help of 7L Autosport we got started on the full vinyl wrap. 7L will now be offering vinyl wrapping services.

I still need to wrap the passenger side as well as the front and rear bumpers. We were going to wrap the front bumper yesterday but vinyl wrap doesn't stick well to unpainted plastic so I will need to find a painted RS bumper.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
01 2.5RS
2,115 Posts
I love that blue, such a good color, looks great!!

Hey lemme get you that link for the rear bumper when I get off work. This comp is slow as fuck with any site other then this one for some reason.

81 - 100 of 1745 Posts