Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 1751 Posts

·
Registered
ver8 full swap in 95L
172 Posts
Thanks for the help man. car build looks good. Lemme know if you need help with the 6mt. btw I'll take those wrx lat links, and quite possibly sideskirts. can work out a deal door cards possibly =p.

btw heres a pic of that 1.8 out of my L that you installed in your GEO!!! rear engine POWA

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Been a little while since I have updated this. I have got the STi driveline 100% installed. The only issue I have ran into is the rear is still pretty low and it rubs. The strange thing is my coils are pretty much maxed out to as high as they go. Here is a pic of my 6MT 1.8L

The front looks lower in this pic due to the slope of the driveway.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Lol yeah, I haven't driven it much yet as it needs an alinement so I can't comment on the MPGs yet. I did try to launch it and it just bogged lol. The 1.8 is sooooo sloooooow. Can't wait to get a EJ207 in there. I want to get a version 7 spec c but they are near impossible to find. I may have to settle for a version 8. The big port heads are too good to pass up. If i do, I am deciding if I want to dump the twin scroll. I love the rumble(all the piping is cheeper and easier to come by on the traditional single scroll) but the transient boost response of the twin scroll would be nice on the autox course tho.

In the way of power I'm looking to get 350 on 91 and 400 on race gas. That should be plenty for a DD/autox car. I would also think that's still in the safety margin of the version 8 motor if I do the proper suporting mods.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Worked on the car a bit more yesterday, so I figured I'd update this.

Added RS side skirts. They were suprisingly easy to install.

I also did a little diy fender rolling since I was rubbing in the rear.

·
Registered
WRB GC8 Version 6
1,177 Posts
Hey,

How did you install the side skirts? Did yours already have holes, or did you have to drill yours?

Please PM me!

Thanks.

-Charles

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah I'd like to know how that sideskirt install went so easily
What made it easy was Subaru was nice enough to put the ending line of the orange peal coating on the rockers right where you need the vertical measurement for the holes. So the vertical measurement is already done for you. You just line up the side skirt and make your horizontal mark where the clips are on the skirts and drill your holes.

For the bottom I just drilled round holes and used GM bumper fasteners from the auto parts store. they are every secure and are not going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
The mail man dropped of something for me today:

I got it mostly installed tonight.

It also came with some sweet JDM news papers for packing material.

·
Registered
ver8 full swap in 95L
172 Posts
cant wait to see that thing on friday. wonder if I get my engine running friday I could get it tuned monday!!!! v8 madness

21 - 40 of 1751 Posts