Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 1745 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
He does not...
This doesn't surprise me, he only made 8 of them. I believe. He has no plans to make more as its very complicated and expensive process. This is really unfortunate because it is one of the few 22B replica spoilers that is both adjustable and has the proper 3rd brake light. This is one of my favorite mods I have on the car!

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #185 (Edited)
Got the car retuned on the Dyno here at 7L Autosport feels way faster and smoother. And now I have dyno charts :D

281 WHP @6216 RPM

280 WTQ @4508 RPM

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Do you plan to heavily mod it now or stay stock?
I want to upgrade the turbo, I want the boxer rumble back. I was thinking about doing a 20g and go single scroll. That will be plenty of power. I cant decide on weather or not to go TD-05 20g or the TD-06 20g, then there is the 7cm vs 8cm housing too. I was thinking TD05 20g with an 8cm housing? I'm not sure. I use the car for autox once a month and other than that its for weekend driving.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #193 (Edited)
My Awesome girlfriend got me a set of Whiteline front and rear sway bars for Valentines day! :banana:

27mm Adj. front vs stock STi bar:

In its new home:

24mm Adj. rear vs stock STi bar:

The install for teh rear was so much faster.

Gotta have the stickers once they are on there...

Will be going to a test and tune autox tomorrow, cant wait to push the car and test em out on the different settings. The car has way less roll than before(my spring rates are only 5k front 4k rear on the Whitline G4 Coilovers)

Next on the list is kartboy endlinks F&R, 05-06 sti aluminium front control arms, maybe a Roll center Adj kit and ALK.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
01 2.5RS
2,115 Posts
Hows the turn-in with that 27mm up front? You like that 27F/24R combo? Whats up with that top plug in your rear diff?

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Hows the turn-in with that 27mm up front? You like that 27F/24R combo? Whats up with that top plug in your rear diff?
I have done two autox with the new bars, I love em! I had to play with the adjustments a bit to get it to handle exactly how I wanted. Both bars are on the stiffest setting with the coils adjusted full stiff upfront and full soft in the rear. Its really nice, the front tucks in nice and the tail very slowly and predictably steps out after turn in off power and then I can get it back in line with the throttle. Makes rotating the car very easy. Its a very good match for the softer springs that I have on the coil overs (5k front 4k Rear).

The Plug is for the rear diff temp sensor on the R-180 rear diff. Comes stock on the STi. I didn't hook it up because I didn't see a point.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
what rpm are you at when you hit full boost and what is your peak boost is at?
20 PSI peak boost, on the street it hits it at about 3800-4000 rpm thats when the car really takes off, pulls real nice all the way to redline. I just bought a Blouch Dom 1.5 XT-R I cant wait to see how it does with the version 8 heads. Should have some nice top end, hopefully it doesn't have too much lag.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza (Awaiting Swap)
762 Posts
Great build first off. Love it and been following it for awhile!
Car looks amazing!

Curious on that pod set up cause I would truly like to do the same. How hard was it to install onto that door?
Also when your driving are your going over bumps does it bounce? Not sure if you left the latch in or not.
Thanks for the help!

181 - 200 of 1745 Posts