• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 L...
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my windows tinted on tuesday, not sure weather i want to do 18%, 20%, or 22%. My brothers have 15% and 22%, but I dont want to get pulled over.

this is my car its going on.

·
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
Its been a while since I delt with tint but arent those all really close? :lol:

When I first got my car I had 5% and it was WAY to dark, now I have 30% and I love it! So I am going to say 22

edit: I have where the sunvisor is tinted too which I think looks really good

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Where do ya'll get the weird ass %'s... I know of 5, 15, 20, 35, and 50.

Most tint shops in my are deal with 5, 20, 35, and 50.

IMO 20% is the best not to dark, not to light.

·
Registered
95 L...
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scoobysnack said:
Its been a while since I delt with tint but arent those all really close? :lol:

When I first got my car I had 5% and it was WAY to dark, now I have 30% and I love it! So I am going to say 22

edit: I have where the sunvisor is tinted too which I think looks really good
Eh, i can definitely notice a difference between my brothers 15 and my other brothers 22.

and to get the sunvisor done is 25 extra. Me and my brother just did his sunvisor a few days ago, it was very easy.

and in my state, anything under 70% is illegal. I know someone who got pulled over for 22 or 25 percent.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS, GT30R, Haltech E1000
1,253 Posts
I've got 35% all the way around.... with the factory tint the meter measure around 28.... which is illegal in mass :(

BUT its not INCREDIBLY noticable....I have not been bothered yet...

·
Don't go changin
00' RS
7,795 Posts
Cinthetyk said:
i would do the darkest legal tint allowed in your state.. whatever that may be.
I second this motion. Although on my old car I had 6% and I never got pulled over. Well not for that :lol: And when I did they didn't say anything. But it was hard to see out the sides at night.

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
LOL! First of all from 22% to 20% there isnt going to be a difference. Honestly i didnt even know there was 22% tint. Anyway, I would go with 20% all around. Dark enough in the sunlight and not too dark at night. My gf's car has 20% and its perfect... this is coming from a guy who isnt a huge fan of tint. GL!

Willie

·
Premium Member
2001 Aspen White Impreza 2.5rs
877 Posts
i say 22%. i have got 30% on mine. i like it the only thing is backing up at night i have to roll the windows down to see out the mirrors so i dont hit anything, but during the day it is perfect. my brother got 20% on his bimmer and you can stand right next to it and not even tell that someone is in the car, but i looks nice

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Rally_MattChase said:
I have 35% and I like it for security purposes, keeping the car cool however, it sucks!
Where Im from a tint job keeps the car slightly cooler... maybe its just me.

I have 20% on my car, wouldnt go darker, and its also illegal... however I haven't got fussed at for it yet.

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
Initialdaddict said:
On another note imprezademics you make your own avatars? New one weekly and i always stare at em for a few seconds before i read your posts ;)
Yeah i get all kinds of hot chicks to come over and take pics of them. Then i turn the pics into avatars.

I WISH! I take them off websites and then resize it to the sites requirement. I have a few of them saved so when i get bored of one i switch it up. Anyway sorry for getting Off Topic. 20% or 22% im sure you wont be able to tell the difference. I would get 20% all around.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru RSTi Silverthorn
349 Posts
Id go with 22, the less chances of getting pulled over the better, at least in my book.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts