Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
If you say so.
00' 2.5RS Coupe, 70' TLC
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to put these on with 235/40 tires. Will they cause rubbage? Even after rolling fenders?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
1,148 Posts
If it isn't lowered you should be ok with just a fender roll.

·
If you say so.
00' 2.5RS Coupe, 70' TLC
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have a set of Cusco Zero2s coming to me, so it will be lowered some.

Any company out there make fender flares for GCs, it would be a good alternative to a Widebody kit?

·
Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
2,510 Posts
i pretty sure with that offset it might sit against the strut, fender rolling can give you about 1/2in more clearance just the lip alone than u could pull it some if needed

·
Registered
GC8 STi, Mini, Lexus
543 Posts
Planning to put these on with 235/40 tires. Will they cause rubbage? Even after rolling fenders?
i have 17x8 224/45/17 and they rub the rear fenders a bit without any pulling.

a 17x9 +44 will rub both the rear struts (but possibly not the front. It really depends on your camber settings. AND the rear fenders even with rolling and pulling, especially on a 235/40

I test fitted 17x8 +44 with 235/45/17 and it rubbed both the fenders in front and rear and the struts in the rear.

so the answer is yes they will rub.

youll need:

MASSIVELY pulled fenders or some flares (if you find some let me know. I can't find any that aren't a ghettofit)

coilovers (to increase strut clearance)

I'm usually not a fan of coilovers on street cars. most of the street coilover systems are poor quality. Personally I'd go with some koni inserts and ground control sleeves as a good coilover.
I also liked my old friends KYB built tanabe SOC setup on his 02 wagon.

most cheap coilovers are garbage, and most struts are better than they are. Be really careful.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
Well with my calculations, youll be 8.7mm or .34" closer to the strut then I am with my 17x8 +48 wheel w/ 235s. Im not sure how much more space coilovers give but here is how close my tire is to my strut:

And it would stick out about 16.7mm or .66" closer to the fender-side than my wheel is. Unfortunately I dont have a very good pic of that but here is the best I can do. I can tell you that mine will barely clear rolled rear fenders and it will fit the fender liners if you are too low and/or have enough travel.

Of course camber factors into this as well but I was just trying to give you an estimate. I think my alignment in the pics was OEM specs so about -1.1 rear chamber (according to NorthUrsalia).

Personally, I think fender flares would be an over kill especially with only 235s but Id think you would need some pulling. I dont know how hard it is to pull fenders or how much extra space you could get but Id guess youd need ~1/2" of pulling maybe a little less.

·
Registered
Black 1998 2.5RS-T
1,842 Posts
Thanks for the info poleboy!! I am trying to run 16x8 with 225 and was worried about my strut. Are the GR-2's the same width as the AGX's?

My fenders are heavily rolled so there will be no rubbing on those fyi

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
Yes I believe the O.D. of the shaft is the same. Im guessing you have an offset similiar to +48 right?

·
Registered
Black 1998 2.5RS-T
1,842 Posts
Yeah the offset is +48. We just tried to mount them on my buddy's GF and they were hitting the strut. I dont have the car with me but I am think 3mm spacers atleast will be needed

·
If you say so.
00' 2.5RS Coupe, 70' TLC
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Cusco coilovers are the ones I'll be running, but I wanted to know if it would work. This car is using Megan coilovers.

Now that I've said that, take a look at this car.

I'm trying to accomplish the same, but minus the syms body kit and those headlights.

·
Registered
2000 subaru impreza 2.5RS SRP
447 Posts
i was running 17x8.5 +44 wheels with 255's all the way around. had to roll/pull slightly all fenders. the wheels will fit that you have but anything wider than a 235/245 will rub your rear damper. i only had a few mm of clearance in the rear of my car.

in other words yes they will fit with a 235 and a fender roll/pull

·
Registered
Black 1998 2.5RS-T
1,842 Posts
i was running 17x8.5 +44 wheels with 255's all the way around. had to roll/pull slightly all fenders. the wheels will fit that you have but anything wider than a 235/245 will rub your rear damper. i only had a few mm of clearance in the rear of my car.

in other words yes they will fit with a 235 and a fender roll/pull
What struts were you running?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts