Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 98 OBS wagon, and just put on a Whiteline 18-20-22 mm adjustable rear bar. I installed it about 2 months ago and have it on the 18 mm setting.

I really like a tight feeling car, and for me the 18 is just not enough. I will probably boost it up to the 20 mm setting, then add a front strut tower brace. I think that will be my choice for a nice tight "roll-free" setup without going to oversteer.

I'm not using it for autox, just some quick street and hiway handling.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Trent, have you ever heard of a Subaru Legacy SUS Sedan? Saw one at the dealers today, nobody could really explain what SUS meant, but that was the designation on the rear of the car.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've learned a little more about it. this particular car is a 30th anniversary edition. It's really kind of neat. Basically a Legacy Outback without the attic in the back. Runs a lot quicker without the extra weight.

But it also has a little more "street growl" to it. The trunk really is huge, if you can imagine all the room of the wagon turned into a trunk. If I get it, I'll probably put a set of Dunlop p5000's on it, go with a 55 series or so, that should drop it a little bit. Then I'll have to find ways to drop the height a bit. Look for some cosmetic stuff, etc.

It does need paint on the gray portion of the bottom, I guess the former owner parked by feel or sound.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Whatever ole Ernie did to get this car, I'd like to thank him. It being a GT explains a few things, like the sound and the acceleration. It is definitely quicker than my wife's MY00 Outback LTD wagon, even after I put the K&N on hers.

I've got some cosmetics to take care of, the former owner apparently liked to hit things with the bumpers, blackout windows will probably be the first item changed, after the tires. After that I don't know what I'll do with it. It's awfully clean now and I'm not sure what it really needs. The 30th anniversary badge is right where side markers could go, so I may not even want to put them on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I took some pix of it today, and hope to get them on here tonight or tomorrow.

It's really in pretty decent shape. I don't think the paint to take care of the bumpers will be much more than a few hundred bucks, so we'll see what else gets done.

Ron

·
Registered
169 Posts
Glad the 17 mm worked out, just watch that when you get used to it, you'll probably want to go a little bigger, maybe to 20mm.

Good luck with the brakes, the Goodridge SS lines also make sense.

Ron

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good and valid points.

The brake job time is estimated at about 3 to 4 hours by a professional auto repair guy used to building all kinds of foreign cars. I don't think I'd try it, and paying him $75 an hour is not a real option.

Enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.