Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I crazy or is this a really good deal?

It's from a dealer who's been trying to sell it for a while (silver coupe, 5 spd).

Anyway, dealer got it as a trade-in, and is going to sell it to some wholesale place tomorrow for $16.5k, and he offered me the car for that price, but obviously I have to get it by tomorrow.

It's totally stock, and in mint condition (only very minor scuffmark in front bumper, and a small scuff inside).

What do you people think?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'd go for it. Just do a Carfax first. :) That could be worth its weight in gold.

Sounds like a really good deal to me.:biggest:

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
This is a good price. But do try to find out some history on the car. Is it a Subaru dealer? If so, it should be no problem. If it is any reputable dealership it shouldn't be too much worry.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's a good price, but not a screaming deal.
For a 2001 with only 10k miles, it's a great deal! I would run the VIN to see if it's been in a wreck or something else. If it's all clear, go for it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another good option, and this depends on your local laws, is contact the previous owner. I was looking at the Mass. auto laws a few weeks ago and stumbled on something that states a dealer must provide the previous owners name and address if you request it.

/bill

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
196 Posts
give him a counter offer at $15k include tax and license fee. even tho the mileage is low, but $16.5k for an MY01 RS is still too high because we are almost toward the end of MY02 now. MY03 cars will be in lot late July or August.

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts