Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

To start this off...the tires won't be used for AutoX at all.

Since that is out of the way.

Let me explain what I want to do with my car and what wheels I have/am going to get:

My plans with my car are to start going to track events (1-2 this year hopefully). Currently I have two sets of 98 goldies and I am looking at selling those and getting two sets of 15in wheels (one for summer and one for winter).

I am looking for a good summer/track tire so I don't have to change tires when I get to the track. I have tracked cars before but it has been a couple years so I will be starting back at Novice level until I can get back to where I was before. I am trying not to be competitive, I just want to go out there and have fun.

So hopefully all the tire guru's here could help me pick out a good set of tires in 225/50/15 for 15x7.0 wheels. I was looking at getting RE01r's but they don't come in 15's YET (rumor has it new sizes will be realized in July).

-C

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Geran, have you tried checking TireRack for what's available in that size?

I have the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S on my car, which I like a lot. They're the A/S version though; the regular Neros are a lot grippier. Very nice stuff.

I previously had Dunlop SP9000s, which were absolutely awesome in the rain. So that's nice, if you're on a trip and hit a deluge.

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have checked Tirerack.

The only good ones I can find are the Hankook RS2's but then I would need to buy R comps. I am trying to avoid that until I get my house.

I might just wait for Bridgestone to release the new sizes in July. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts