Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 L, 13 WRX
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has tried to put these wheels over WRX brakes.
I found some with winter tires and I just need to know if they fit or not.

Thanks,
Branden

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
What WRX brakes are you talking about? There's several different versions - the wheels will clear some and not others.

·
Premium Member
97 L, 13 WRX
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2002 WRX front brakes and 2002 WRX rear brakes with H6 rotors and caliper brackets

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
Fronts definitely won't. I had those wheels on my RS and fitment against the caliper was ridiculously close.

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
Actually folks have put the 6 spoke '93 down Legacy Turbo / Legacy OutBack rims over '02 WRX Brakes, but the calipers had to be ground down for clearance - so they can fit with modifications.

You could just get a set of 15" Rally rims, which are usually made to clear 4pots if you do not want to grind the calipers down.
I have a set of 15" Enkei Rally rims & they do clear 4-pots by a hair, they also weigh just 12lbs each so they are pretty dam light!

·
Registered
1991 Justy GL "Overland"
3,641 Posts
Bump from the grave! I am doing a rear brake conversion on my '97 OBS. The car has disc front and the rears are being converted to '04 WRX rears. My question is, will my 15" Legacy wheels clear these brakes? They are 1 pot rears. Here are the wheels in question-

-Jamie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts