Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10/27 Taste of Subaru @ PIR - PICS POSTED!

Ok ya'll, where were ya?

This event was awesome! Subi's as far as the eye could see.

There was a really low GC8 turnout though. :(

I sure hope they do it again next year and I'm definitely applying to participate in the track portion.

I took some pics - Enjoy!
http://www.minkcompany.com/carpics1.htm

So what happened, I thought there would be more RS's there?

Brandee

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
It was a great event....there were a few GC8 on the track..including mine.

The instructors were great...PIR is definitely a technical course. You screw one corner up...tends to mess the next one or two!!
Recommend it to anyone when they do it next year....

Great event. I didn't really get to see the car show portion of things, so I can't wait to see pictures!! ;)

It was great to meet everyone out there too and see all the cars...wow how I wish I could win the lottery!!
:drool:

Tina

·
Registered
Silver '99 Impreza 2.5 RS
118 Posts
I was there. Blue group #19. Even manged to pass several WRXes in my barely-more-than-stock RS. It's amazing what smooth lines can do. That was a ton o' fun. Rallyx on saturday was a blast too -- managed 5th in Open in my autcross car, even though I was the fourth or fifth car out. All in all, an amazing weekend.

Sean
www.subrew.com

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
I was red #11.

Andrew I think I met you out there...talked briefly in the pits!

Of course I had to eye the other BRP cars out there!!! ;)

Can't wait until next year...but darn I want some more hp!

Tina

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
74 Posts
Blue #11 here
I was the BRP with the hella's up front and the hood vent over the air filter
I think my ears are still ringing from hearing the ScoobySport roaring on the straights:D
Sorry I slowed a few of you down, like I said though 66,000 miles on stock struts, stock shocks, and original brake pads and it's still going strong
Of course after the first session I had terrible brake fade that lasted untill the second run of the "wet course", it was a definete eye opener coming out of the front straight going into the chicane and realizing that your brakes are barely there:eek:

·
Registered
Silver '99 Impreza 2.5 RS
118 Posts
Switch to Axxis Metal Master pads (or something similar) and put some decent fluid in. I was running Valvoline synthetic fluid. Didn't have any trouble with brakes during any of the sessions, and I was using the brakes hard. If you don't want to put more aggressive pads on, at least do the fluid, it'll make the most difference.

Sean
www.subrew.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
What Sean said. I flushed my brake fluid this spring, and run Ford High Temperature fluid, available at any ford dealer. It is only rated as DOT3 (because they didn't go through the testing procedures for DOT4 or higher) but it tests as good and better than some DOT4 in both dry and wet boiling temperatures. It is cheap too. I'm also running Axxis/PBR MetalMaster front pads. I have about 50,000 miles on them. You can get them from Paul Eklund at Primitive.

Chris H.

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
74 Posts
I plan to go to Metal Masters during the off-season, I already talked to Paul at the meet
I am running Castrol GT LMA for brake fluid now, actually recommended to me from Glenn Wallace
Of course if I could afford it those Perrin 4-pot fronts and 2-pot rears have my name written all over them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts