Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1996 2 DOOR RWD WRX
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHO is responsible for making these beautiful headlights I see before me.

Gotta pay a little more attention here to this one, but this leads me to believe this isn't 1 piece, if so, I'd still buy this headlight, if they make a pre-facelift version.

Any thoughts has anybody seen this before, ebay? upgarage? is it even an impreza headlight? Thanks. Notice 2 lights within 1. Hi/low maybe?

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
TOYOTA IS RESPONSIBLE

looks like toyota chaser headlights. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3888703/1996-toyota-chaser

ive been thinkin about these toyota chasers recently so thats why i was quick to think they are the headlights. 99.9 confident. lock in those lyrics..... the corners may have been modded with gc corners in the place of the chaser corners.

i mean yeh they are those.

·
Registered
1996 2 DOOR RWD WRX
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see where you're going with this supascoob, What I'm now thinking is I posted 2 different variations of the headlight. The first being a chaser headlight on the white wagon. But if you look at the gray wagon, the corner light doesn't share the same curve. The corner light on the gray one looks OEM flat.

·
Registered
gm2 coupe / gf4/ cb7 saloon
1,838 Posts
not a problem those happen to be a car i wish came stateside :/ no doubt the first pic has the headlights but maybe gc corners. maybe the fenders are making the corner edge look rounded.

·
Registered
V3 RA Brighton my96
200 Posts
If they are one piece I'm not sure how you would mount them. Normally you have to bolt in the headlamp. Then install the corner. The corner lamp covers up the two bolts for the headlamp. So if it was one piece you would not be able to get those Bolts in.
But yes those are beautiful

·
Registered
V3 RA Brighton my96
200 Posts
Upon closer look.
The top pic is r33 lights I believe. I have a set from a gtr and they look exactly like that. I paid 600$ for my r33 headlights. But that was back in 03, I'm sure theyve gotten a lot cheaper by now

The bottom pic, on the green car, are black depot eBay lights I also have a set of these and they are amazing. Waaaayyy better than stock and amazing quality.

*edit * just looked at my r33 lights. I'm wrong. The corners are different. Those look EXACTLY like r33 lights but with gc corners. Which leads me to believe they are photoshopped. Look at the peaks of the lights where the grill would be. Compare that to r33 lights. That's my guess. My second guess is the chaser

·
Registered
MY00 GC6 BRP
2,152 Posts
No on the fact that they are photo shopped. On the Gray Wagon I have seen black housing depot lights BUT if you notice it has two light fixtures opposed to 1 .
The widebody wagon does not have dual light housings.... it is the regular oem style blacked out. It just looks like it does because of the lighting and reflections on the reflector. I zoomed wayyyyyyy in.

·
Registered
1996 2 DOOR RWD WRX
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alright pho_shizzle

You win, on the gray wagon, but I'm still interested in the fitments on the white wagg. Although it has alot of strong characteristics towards the chaser headlight. The curvy lines and the way it looks like it flows with the fender says otherwise. Sorry to say I can't seem to find anymore pictures for reference.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.