Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to make such a pointless thread, but good lord, I am just way too excited about my new sound to not say anything.

My current exhaust set-up (pure shit), Borla Header, Stock all the way back to an OBX can. :run:

But seriously... It sounds AMAZING right now. The car just growls.

So for anyone looking to get cheap sound, pick up a used set of Borla's and spend a half hour installing them. You will never regret it.

I'll try to get a vid up soon. Hopefully a before and after for when I get my track pipe made next week!!!! If I do get a video up I'll post a link in here to the "Official What Exhaust Should I get Thread".

Sorry you wasted your time reading this. :)

·
Premium Member
1995 Impreza LX, 2000 LGT wags
530 Posts
yeah, i couldn't wait to get my borlas installed on monday, all weekend i was looking forward to it... then as im taking my stock manifold off that has completely rusted studs, i broke two studs that are sticking out of my heads.. not good.. your lucky it only took you a half hour!

·
Premium Member
2011 Impreza WRX
565 Posts
My cousin has an extra set of headers... I have a complete stock exhaust, u think that just the header will make a diff for me even with cats and all?

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To the kid who is just starting with exhaust.. yeah Headers are a great place to start.. You might also want to think about snagging a CAI before the catback. It's a little cheaper and will help with the overall flow of the exhaust. :) Also, depending on the brand it can make a pretty badass induction sound itself.

I actually had to cut two of my bolts out. I couldn't get them for the life of me. Even with the air ratchet thingy. Cut tool + air hammer FTW. Found some new bolts at my buddys shop and presto.. Beautiful sounding borla's.

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
+1 for the borlas. add a resonator or 2 to the midpipe to give it a deeper rumble. If you find my exhaust thread take a look at it! Borla header, stock cat, modified wrx N1 catback (2.25" piping) and extra 18" resonator welded into midpipe. Sounds beautiful IMO. My buddy with his 2.0L WRX hates cruising with me because my exhaust setup sounds better than his! BORLAS FTW!!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
^^^^ bet it does sound good, i wanted to add a resonator to my midpipe so that i could run a larger canister muffler, but i was afraid it would be louder. dont get me wrong, i like it being somewhat loud, but i was afraid it would be annoyingly loud or alternatley if i added the resonator and didnt go to a larger muffler, it would be too quiet. make sense? any advice?

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS stm
260 Posts
Only problem with the headers is that your check engine light will be on. I guess theres no fix for it yet but i actually forgot about my cel light after i had my borlas on for a week or two. I love them too puts hondas to shame lol

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Only problem with the headers is that your check engine light will be on. I guess theres no fix for it yet but i actually forgot about my cel light after i had my borlas on for a week or two. I love them too puts hondas to shame lol
I have the complete OBX (EL header->cat-del->mid->muffler) setup, and with the PonyExpress MIL Eliminator installed, I have not had a CEL (from the headers) since. I get misfire cells from my delta cams and various other bits is all.

·
Registered
00 2.5RS
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
meh i've had an evap emissions light forever. Haha.. I'm too lazy to try the fixes. Gas cap and that's about as far as I go. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i currently have borla headers and a full 3.5 inch borla exhaust on my 04 rs and it sounds amazing it has a beautiful deep growl and when you match that with my secret weapon weapon r intake its just even more amazing

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
To the kid who is just starting with exhaust.. yeah Headers are a great place to start.. You might also want to think about snagging a CAI before the catback. It's a little cheaper and will help with the overall flow of the exhaust. :) Also, depending on the brand it can make a pretty badass induction sound itself.

I actually had to cut two of my bolts out. I couldn't get them for the life of me. Even with the air ratchet thingy. Cut tool + air hammer FTW. Found some new bolts at my buddys shop and presto.. Beautiful sounding borla's.

Only problem I have with the CAI is that it can overtake the sound of my headers at higher rpms which is why I am going to get rid of it and go with something like this and utilize the torque box.

Hopefully it will kill the sound of my intake.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts