Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm purchasing a 2001 2.5 RS really soon...hopefully by the time I get my return I'll have the car. The car I am purchasing has not been modified. I am getting approximately $1,500 returned.

Any suggestions on what I should plan on modifying first??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I forgot to mention that I have summer tires already. I've got S03's on Rota Tarmacs. I'm trading in an 02RS for an 01RS. The only thing I'm keeping from the 02RS is the headunit (Alpine), amp (kenwood), woofer (kenwood), and the shift knob (titanium).

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Don't for the pos Champion Spark plugs..those have to go!! ;)

Exhaust and intake would be another recommendation!! :D

Springs, struts..there are all kinds of things you can do...just have fun with it!!

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
You could modify my savings account with your money :biggest:

In reality.... You could go exhaust, intake, cams, clutch, suspension, alot of stuff... you pick

My first mods were intake and exhaust(changed 2x, make sure you get what you want) :) Then Short shifter, Tein coilovers, and its spiraling down from there! :p

keith

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I would do a heavy rear anti roll bar, F/R drop links, struts, springs, ALK, Poly steering rack bushings and front Anti roll bar poly bushings, G4 Borla header and Cobb cams.

$1500 might be just a little short for all of that, but you will have the fundamentals covered IMO! :)

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Nice choice on the previous rims/tires (I just put S0-3's on my car and I am loving em)

Aswell as the Apline deck (Mp3?)

I'd say go with suspension mods, those are the type I love best

You're almost there for coilovers or you could go the spring/KYB AGX route...

I don't have either (coilover or springs/struts) but I have all the swaybars/strut tower bars/bushing/ALK and I love em :D

Just be careful with the ALK as it will totally change your class for autocross...

I'd say go struts/springs first then use the swaybars etc to tune your suspension to your liking

OR you could make it be a good start for saving up for a turbo kit :biggest:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions. If I were to go with exhaust and possibly springs and swaybar....what exhaust would you guys recommend?

I currently have a borla cat-back on the 02RS with a hi-flow cat and I love the sound and especially the performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shop around. There are nice options out there for 1500.

Clutch + Lightweight Flywheel + shifter kit = 1000
This is a hidden mod but would give the car a nice driving feel and would improve acceleration. Awesome if you don't have to pay someone for the install.

Maybe some STI transmission and STI engine mounts = 200
To help stabilize vehicle flex when you

Genuine Oil Cooler = 350
Nice protective engine mod. Easy install.

Braided Steel Brake Lines = 200?
Cool and Easy.

Adjustable Struts = 450
Better road grip

Exhaust = 450
Sound Speed and Easy install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts