Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here is the deal, my budy bought an 05 wrx with a blown motor and decided to swap in an 07 wrx motor.... he is looking into getting a tactrix cable... but there are two options.. there is a new release about to come out that is to work with CAN vehicles.... now is the 07 using a can system? if anyone can help me out that would be great

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
But, the question is, do you want the CAN capable Tactrix cable because you'll be using software that talks the CAN protocol to your car? Or, will you be doing OpenTune kinda stuff that uses the Subaru SSM protocol and what ever protocol the reflash is based on? Unless Subaru changed it in 07, the SSM and Reflash only need the ISO9141 pins. Because, and don't quote me on this, I don't think you need to worry about having a CAN capable cable for reflashes. However, since I do NOT have a reflash capable car, I once again, can't back any of that up with paper work.

·
Registered
98 RS Now with more interior!
20,054 Posts
07 WRX is not fully CAN, it has some CAN like features but the standard Tactrix cable will talk to it just fine. In reality, it's the software that matters.

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
07 WRX is not fully CAN, it has some CAN like features but the standard Tactrix cable will talk to it just fine. In reality, it's the software that matters.
so the standard cable will work? willing to bet your life on it? haha cause its not for me, its for my buddy, i he needs to be able to lash his ecu after the swap and all

·
Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,492 Posts
The 08 has CAN, I am looking at the wiring diagram for the 08 right now....07, like keener said is likely to have it also.

·
Registered
98 RS Now with more interior!
20,054 Posts
so the standard cable will work? willing to bet your life on it? haha cause its not for me, its for my buddy, i he needs to be able to lash his ecu after the swap and all
Yep, because I have done it on an 07 with the standard cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts