Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 GT3
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping my buddy with his 98 2d RS swapping in everything from a 07 STi. My question is I've wired the drivers side window to work but I can't get the passenger side to work at all. Checking here if anyone has a clue or what they've done. The door locks are next too then the swap is 100% complete :banana:

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
Is just the drivers side wired? Both the drivers and passengers side have to be wired for the windows to operate from the drivers switch.

·
Premium Member
991 GT3
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment it's just the drivers side hooked up and working. The passenger isn't working =( There's also the rear ones I'm wondering if it's like a closed loop circuit and those need to be wired up?

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
At the moment it's just the drivers side hooked up and working. The passenger isn't working =( There's also the rear ones I'm wondering if it's like a closed loop circuit and those need to be wired up?
I don't believe the rears have to be wired unless it's a 4 door but they didn't make a 4 door RS in 98 so I'm guessing not. Basically each window that you want to work needs to be wired at the door.

·
Premium Member
991 GT3
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright I'll try it out again. Thanks for the help =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts