Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thanks for the add! So I got the car back in December 2021 no problems whatsoever. Until P0172 i replaced the MAF sensor and did the basic battery reset but it came back on i also did the OBD Scanner method and it came back. What do you guys think that issue is? Also today for some odd reason i was parked at my father in-laws and noticed smoke coming from my hood. When i opened the hood i noticed fluid marks but i have NO leaks and the heat/cool indicator on dash was normal..?? Confused it seems like something bursted but i have no idea what. I have NO LEAKS, my coolant level was low so i added more and ran car but nothing is leaking... Help with that please this is my daily driver.

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
537 Posts
Google will answer simple questions like this. Skimming through the article is seems like the streaks migjt be caused by fuel leaking, and the burnoff from the hot engine is causing ths smoke. That would make sense when you say nothing is leaking as it would be the only fluid (besides water and maybe oil/lube) that will be present in the engine bay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google will answer simple questions like this. Skimming through the article is seems like the streaks migjt be caused by fuel leaking, and the burnoff from the hot engine is causing ths smoke. That would make sense when you say nothing is leaking as it would be the only fluid (besides water and maybe oil/lube) that will be present in the engine bay

Ask Google lol well thanks i would've if i knew how some people are on these pages smh... Fuel leaking?? Where did i say anything about fuel.. it's definitely coolant if you took the time to read my post and i know how and why it smokes, it's common sense.

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
537 Posts
Ask Google lol well thanks i would've if i knew how some people are on these pages smh... Fuel leaking?? Where did i say anything about fuel.. it's definitely coolant if you took the time to read my post and i know how and why it smokes, it's common sense.
I read your post dude, if your coolant is low and you have NO leaks then the streaking may not be caused by the coolant, because you have NO leaks. Two symptoms which can cause the issue you're facing are possibly that either the head gasket is allowing coolant to seep into the exhaust or the exhaust is bubbling into the coolant system. The latter will cause higher pressure in the radiator and the cap will expel excess coolant to make room for your newfound exhaust leak. In this case the radiator would technically be 'leaking' coolant into the engine bau, and thus the original information you provided to us is incorrect.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
he did mention that there are NO LEAKS. If the coolant is low, there is a leak, it's just common sense. Here are the diagnostic steps for P0172 on a 2007 Impreza. Hope it helps you.

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

Font Material property Parallel Number Pattern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts