Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm going to be honest and state that this is my first Subaru and I've never worked on one other than basic maintenance. That aside I have 2007 Impreza 2.5i and I'm wanting to mod it. I've been doing research and know that there's no bolt on turbo or anything to boost performance. That being the case I am curious about what mods can be made to my subby and how much might they cost. Right now everything is stocked. I'm just trying to figure everything out befor I get back state side. I'm in the military and have been overseas for the past 4 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know most people will say to trade in for a wrx if I want more power, but i'm fond of my 2.5i and I want to see what all I can get out of her. Also any suggestions for where I can find cosmetic mods IE: body kits would also be greatly useful. Thanks.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Check out the link in my signature and start there.

Skip any "body kits".

Tires, wheels, suspension like swaybars, springs... and brakes. Exhaust is good too for sound. Generally, keep towards suspension/brakes with 2.5i's.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cmiovino, thanks for the info. gives me a good idea of what i can look forward to.

·
Registered
2003 2.5RS
60 Posts
There is some awesome advice on here. The biggest downfall of the Imprezas below the WRX/STi is absolutely the suspension. Subaru had to differentiate the two models in more ways than a turbo right?

Figure out what style you want the new whip to ride like before you start buying parts. Do you want it to be just a DD, a weekend track warrior, or a rally-esk ride?

If you are going for just a fun DD, a good goal would be to work on suspension that will minimize the body roll without slamming it like every other 16 year old with their daddies hawkeye.

Good luck and thank you for serving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts