Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 impreza 2.5i was driving really rough and while driving one day all warning lights came on and a horrible metal on metal noise started coming from engine area. Long story short ended up getting a 2006 2.5 engine and swapping it over. Come to find out the shop that did it decided to just drop the entire 06 engine in I stead of using the 11 intake and heads. Everything was fine at first then I noticed cooling fans weren't working. Ended up swapping the 2011 intake and wire harness along with new coil pack and new sparks and plugs. Now fans working but theres a misfire in cylinder 1. Please help.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
You really need to take it to a different mechanic, one who is familiar with subarus. We can play the guessing game, and you can replace parts from cheap to expensive, possibly without resolving it. Best bet is to bring it to someone who can be hands on with it.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
416 Posts
My Ended up swapping the 2011 intake and wire harness along with new coil pack and new sparks and plugs. Now fans working but theres a misfire in cylinder 1. Please help.
are you sure that all the ignition wire are intact ( no breaks / tears), that they're all sufficiently attached / pressed on tbe coil / plugs? Did they actually replace the spark plugs and gap them correctly when everything was reinstalled? These are fairly easy / cost effective things to check. Hell, just start your car in the dark and see if you have an visible arching. Are you sure the motor they pit in was any better than the obne that came out? There are so many things to consider here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts