Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI! Will The Delta 1000 cams increase compression a little ?? EJ253 ALVS. Mind are running a little rich without a tune which i would expect is normal ??

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,985 Posts

I was reading on this link that cams affect the dynamic compression, not the static compression of your engine.

I wonder if you emailed Deltacams they could be further enlightening?

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
979 Posts
I watched a video recently, dynamic compression depends on valve timing. You can't technically compress anything until the intake valves are closed, which may not coincide perfectly with bottom dead center for the piston. This topic could get very deep, I also suggest calling the guys that make them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am running rich right now without a tune ,, there to expensive here in Canada,, i normally would of downloaded a tuned bin file from romraider but i tried to connect my laptop but wasn't able to ,, not a lot time to mess wiyth it right now,, i guess that is no other mechanical way to do this,, i was thinking if i lowered fuel pressure with fuel regulator ?? I don't wont mess with the sensors . I find some tuners,, but some don't know how or even respond .

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
What year and model did you put the cams in? Did you do any research on this before hand? It seems like you're going to need an ecu flash from the bit of searching that I did. But I also read that because the 1000's are the mildest, a lot of people aren't mentioning any type of tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2006 2.5i ej253 AVLS MT5 ,, yes but the cam lobe design maybe open longer duration ,, i think if you want it to run effieciently ,,it needs to be tuned. I have a new problem low oil pressure ,, and the idiot lights didn't warn me. I don't know how long it was like that. Will be draining oil to see ,, looking at pump. I must say this year model is worst,,, then the earlier models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts