Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a motor wondering if anybody has any experience with those JDM I like 30,000 miles on them I threw a rod in my 05 Subaru Outback Impreza I change oil every 3000 miles from the motor is there any good leads out there swimming might know where a decently priced motor is?????

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,802 Posts
I haven't had experience with non-turbo motors, but I have bought a couple turbo motors through various JDM importer places. I used Foreign Engines of Lynnwood most recently.

As far as which engines to choose and what years work, you're gonna need to do some searching. I found this thread with a little difficulty:

Not that you asked for it, but in my opinion, you don't want to go with a japanese non-turbo motor due to potential electrical incompatibilities (such as extra bits on the engine, different timing regimes, missing emissions controls, etc). Will your ECU run the japanese engine? Or will you need to use a japanese ecu if that will even work? And so on. It's so much simplier if you can just get a replacement American-market engine that's compatible with your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts