Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a tough one so let me tell you what I have checked thus far. First off wagon is all stock except for the radio so I took it out to eliminate it. Checked fuses and none are blown. Found fuse five and 12 in the dash have no power yet seven under the hood does. Parking switch on the dash was tested and switches properly using an ohm meter. Swapped the two relays behind the dash fuse panel ( nice place to put them ) and had no change in results. I am now becoming frustrated and looking for some help. Any ideas?

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
587 Posts
I would start following the wiring back from the tail lights and see where you have power. Dash lights could be something simple like the illumination switch or wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start following the wiring back from the tail lights and see where you have power. Dash lights could be something simple like the illumination switch or wiring.
Start from the back? I have no power at fuse 5 under the dash. Is the fuse box not the source of the power?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found IT!
If someone had told me that I would find the solution to a tail light problem behind my front fender I would have thought they where crazy, but in fact that was the case. Behind the drivers side front fender there is a four inch section of the harness that was unshielded. In that section I found my white with red stripe wire with a hole in it. It looked like it was perforated with a test probe letting moisture in and with time corroding the copper wire till it finely lost all continuity. That was a major pain in the ass!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts