1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought i post it here too... and see what i can get
4-23-07
i am almost there.... I have a 01 rs with a 04 STI swap... Harness was done by Paul at ECS(east coast swappers)... not doubting his skill... i think its mechanical well sort of...

MY Problem...
The fuel pump is not pumping ( going to ghetto rig it and see if it turns over) , no fuel is going to the engine, engine is turning but not cranking over. I did not get to check the electric on the pump... going to this weekend

also did not catch if the check engine light came on or not...(i am scared that the ecu is no good) but wondering if anyone know wherer I can get the 04 STI ecu pin out... I am going to use a test light and see if there is power going into the ecu and if there is any power going to the fuel pump...

any sugguestions?

6/05/07
UPDATE!!!

where to start??? final got the time to work on the thing!
ok so... we went ahead and ghetto rig the fuel pump to a power source, the pump runs, but on intervals. It turns on for like 2-4 sec, stops for about 3-5 secs, then turns back on. it was not constant. but the car start. the motor sounds strong. no knock, no nothing. but but...then when i gas it, nothing happens... stays on idile.. not really rough... but it bounces. That happens everytime i try and start it. its b/c its the fuel pump turning off an on?. now here what else i have notice... when i put it in ACC... there is no CEL, but when the car is on and the pump is powered the CEL turns off an on. then i also tried a OBD 2 scan hoping to see some codes... NOTHING!

Now i was told once turned to ACC you should see the CEL turn on, if not its a sign of a bad ECU .. Now also the OBD 2 scan is not seeing anything... Sign of a bad ECU ???? but now why would the car stay idle. is it working but half ass???? any ideas... ECU bad????if so ... do i have to buy a 04 STI ecu, can i use any other year? JDM? i need all the help i can get ! please

if anything !!!WTB 04 sti ECU

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
maybe its bad wires on the fuel pump controller? you check over all the wiring? you know anyone with 04-05 sti to PNP ECU with? you have someone to borrow a fuel pressure gauge from? start narrowing the list of possibilities down starting with elcetrical.

do yourslef a favor and jsut buy an 04 sti CD OEM manual. they are like $20 on ebay, as long as its OEM you will be fine. they have good diagnosis on problems such as yours.

if you think about things logically when goign through the diagnosis charts in the manual you will find the problem with in an hour. cars dont need much to run properly.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just purchased, thanks hope it works... anyone have anymore sugguestions?

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
takumi604 said:
just purchased, thanks hope it works... anyone have anymore sugguestions?
It's not a good idea to use a test light on the ecu. I can't even tell you how many people fried ecu's at my school (wyotech) even after the teachers would drill it in our heads never to use a test light on the ecu.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i c.. its going to be hard.... teh wiring was done by ECS...
no test light... hmmmm.... i am looking for a 04 sti around me to just swap the ecu and try...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts