Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98RS (Unicorn), 05 GSXR 1000
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welp, I'm bored so I figured I'd share what I've been working on the past couple of months, plus i'm on the hunt to build another RS.

Currently own

2004 ZX6RR
2005 GSXR 600
2005 GSXR 1000
2012 Daytona 675R (delivery june 18th)

So long story short, picked up this whore of a bike in December, 2004 ZX6RR, $800 clean title, 37XX original miles on it with only a small crack in the tail.

Spilled the bike 3 weeks after when I hit a salt patch around a blind corner, some minor damage but enough to get me started on a build. Just recently had a daughter in March so the project slowed down but is near completion. And its a dedication bike to both of my daughters Aubrianna (1 year and 7 months old) and Addison Rose (2 months old). Which is where the hello kitty fairings will come into play.

August I go for my AMA race school and license. So I decided to go bawls to the wall and make a 1 of a kind track bike.

As the pictures pertain its the tear down and addition of a lot of performance and customization.

Parts list
Vortex front and rear sprockets -1 +0 (14-40)
DID Gold chain & Vortex RV3 race chain (108 link)
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks
PC3 w/ custom map (done by myself)
NPS Cams (waiting for delivery)
Driven Block off plates
Secondary Butterflies Removed
Custom Exhaust (Ed Quay's hot rod shop)
05-06 Swingarm swap
05+ Wheels
Q2 race tires
Pirelli diablo tires
Custom Race tail (Ed Quays waiting to be finished)
CZ lightweight wheels
ASV Brake and Clutch Lever
Annitori QS
Race Tech Fork Valves & Springs
D1 Grips
Sharkskins Track fairings​

Still a lot more that's needed... Curently striping the bike back down to start the swinger swap, tail being made, and powder coat.​

Here's a preview of how the exhaust sounds (undeniably unique in tone)​

How she was when I first got her...​

And this is where the whore stands now...​

I will have to upload the full progress from February to now.​

hopefully have her finished up next week minus the cams.​

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks its getting there. Just got flamed on the zx6r forum about my next installment on the bike but oh well. The track will prove myself.

Next to come is a custom dry clutch set up. Along with the rest of my stuff being powdered. Ordered in 45mm gaskets to raise the compression. And NPS cam install time.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been a while since I updated my thread.
So everything is now powder'ed and ready to be put back together. Been collecting lots and lots of parts and thanks to a good friend and forum member on zx6r.com I got a **** ton of rare goodies for free or at a killer price.
Just got in
05 RR exhaust and intake cams
05-06 RR Throttle bodies
05-06 RR Top feed injectors
CR8 IX spark plugs
Kill switch
New axles and spacers
Full Titanium bolt kit (Engine, calipers, rotors, fairings, ectect)
Carrazzeria Wheels
Galfer Rear Rotor
Titanium Sprocket
Titanium Wheel bolts

The CZ wheels are light weight (6.1 lbs in the front 6.6 in the rear) My buddy sold them to me for $800 (cost new without bearings, spacers ect 1,900-2,300)

·
ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
1,813 Posts
What the fuck? Why aren't there a billion replies to this. Keep it up!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha thank you man! So the new CZ wheels are getting plasti dipped at work for some video content (did want to remove the bearings yet to powder them)

But last night I had started to put pieces back on. Found a member on another forum who will CNC and design a new ram air intake straight to the TB's to remove the air box and shave some weight using 20 gauge aluminum.

Modified subframe (cut, bent, and removed a lot of not needed junk shaved 3.6lbs) finished up with powder. Threw my old track tires temporarily on the CZ wheels so i'll be able to roll the bike around.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So do I, wasn't sure if I would but later this winter i'll be stripping it back down for more powder.

But this weekend got a lot of time to work on the bike with 0 kid distractions, started putting everything back and now its rolling again. Triple and clips on installed. All my engine cases back on.

Swing arm swap coming Wednesday. So i'd say its right around 70% done at this point.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,316 Posts
Very nice! Good work on the bike.

I've got an 07 ZZR600 I bought brand new. Very capable bike, I love it to pieces. The same as the 00-02 ZX6Rs. Tracked it twice and it's more fun than I've ever had in any car. First time I stepped foot in the non Subie journals. Nice surprise!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice! Good work on the bike.

I've got an 07 ZZR600 I bought brand new. Very capable bike, I love it to pieces. The same as the 00-02 ZX6Rs. Tracked it twice and it's more fun than I've ever had in any car. First time I stepped foot in the non Subie journals. Nice surprise!
Haha thanks man I tend not to cut any corners on builds especially bikes.

Unfortunately I did start parting this out because it would never make my standards for a middle weight bike I wanted.

Are you on the zx6r.com forum?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,316 Posts
Haha thanks man I tend not to cut any corners on builds especially bikes.

Unfortunately I did start parting this out because it would never make my standards for a middle weight bike I wanted.

Are you on the zx6r.com forum?

I'm on kawiforums.com but Im rarely on there since I bought mine brand new and I have barely modded it, just mostly maintenance stuff with a couple of goodies for fun. I'm on here way more cause my RS came to me as a heap. lol

You got a nice bike for sure. What kind of a middle weight are you looking for? I used to have a GS750E long ago before the ZZR. Not even a comparison but it was a good first bike. I like all kinds of bikes, but I guess I just have a soft spot for Kawasakis. I love the latest 10R and 6R.

I took my buddies 2013 R1 for a rip this summer and I was very very impressed. makes my old school ZX6R look ancient standing beside it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm on kawiforums.com but Im rarely on there since I bought mine brand new and I have barely modded it, just mostly maintenance stuff with a couple of goodies for fun. I'm on here way more cause my RS came to me as a heap. lol

You got a nice bike for sure. What kind of a middle weight are you looking for? I used to have a GS750E long ago before the ZZR. Not even a comparison but it was a good first bike. I like all kinds of bikes, but I guess I just have a soft spot for Kawasakis. I love the latest 10R and 6R.

I took my buddies 2013 R1 for a rip this summer and I was very very impressed. makes my old school ZX6R look ancient standing beside it.
Thanks man yeah I went on a no car, motorcycle spree for 2 years ish. But essentialy I'm looking at a 675R, 848, MV F3 800 I like having the low end more so than top.

The 600 was alright but not enough aftermarket to make me keep it sadly. Considering kawi is the smallest jap sport bike company out there.

The new r1 with the cross planes I heard are absolutely amazing. If I ended up getting a liter I would go straight for an rsv4 though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts