Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just bought two slightly damaged 03 WRXs, used one for parts, and completely fixed up the other. The parts car still has a lot of engine and mechanical parts as he mainly used it for body panels and interior stuff.

My question is basically this: What should i grab from the parts car for my 98 RS? The engine from the WRX has nearly 110k miles so i was thinking about skipping that, but i'm sure there are a lot of other things that would be useful. The seats are already in the process of coming out and will be put in my car this week. I've know the brakes are good to get as well as the rear diff.

He is willing to sell me a lot for very cheap so i don't want to miss this opportunity. How much of this car can i actually use?

Thanks

·
Registered
1999 RBP 2.5RS
210 Posts
IIRC stock 03 wrx rsb is 20mm where as your RSB is 13mm. I highly recommend you grab that. Not sure if that year comes with heavy duty rsb mounts. If it does, take those too.

·
Registered
98 RS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to do a swap and i think i will, but not with this engine. The car was damaged in the front and the engine has around 110k miles. I think i can find a WRX engine in better shape than this one. Hopefully...

Ok, so i should definitely take the rsb, brakes, rear diff, axles...
What else?

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
If your already taking the rear diff and axles you might as well grab the whole driveline (Trans, clutch cylinders, pedal box). Also, the front crossmember and turbo sway bar so that when you do swap you've already got those parts. But If it was me while I did that I'd also grab the turbo goodies (exhaust mani, up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, all the intake plumbing, turbo, etc.) and turbo my RS, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2006 WRX
611 Posts
Grab the wiring so you can take it apart and have it ready to merge while familiarizing yourself with the swap process.

·
Registered
99 RS
7 Posts
Rs-t

Can you do that? I am in the process of purchasing a RS and was wondering about putting a turbo it in. Can you take an 02 or 03 WRX's turbo and put it into the RS. Will it fit properly? Would you need to purchase a newer or a piggyback system for your ECU?
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts