Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 impreza 2.5i spark silver
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, new here and wanted to say hey. Got my RS a couple weeks ago and i love it. Having a lot of trouble finding some parts for the "RS" though. Everything is WRX/STi!! Is the stuff on eBay garbage? Anybody got some good places for some good stuff? Help me out! Not looking for anything crazy, just some tweaks. Thanks.

03 impreza 2.5rs

Looking for:
exhaust (complete)
cold air
suspension
OEM parts (besides subaru direct)

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Just surf the classifieds on this site and you should find what you need. Some of the stuff on ebay is junk but some is good. Just ask around here before you buy anything and the gurus here we'll point you in the right direction

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man. been browsing through the classifieds and still don't see much for my year. is 03 cursed?! the "lost" year :p

as far as non motor parts ... most wrx/sti items are the same as RS to the year? no? suspension and such?

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
ok great. so i'm not totally SOL. why is it so difficult to find N/A parts?
Not that hard to find n/a parts, but the aftermarket is a lot bigger for forced induction.

websites you might be interested in:

rallitek.com
rallysportdirect.com
boxer4racing.com
z1auto.com
cobbtuning.com
and the classifieds

I've got a more complete list at home, but I'm at work now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks man. been browsing through the classifieds and still don't see much for my year. is 03 cursed?! the "lost" year :p

as far as non motor parts ... most wrx/sti items are the same as RS to the year? no? suspension and such?
i understand what you mean man, i too have an 03, it took some searching tofind but be specific on what you want it will help others help you.
do you have your eyes set on a certain exhaust?
do you have a price range? if not look into the cobb preformance packages, you get your CAI headers exhaust all in one.
as far as appearance, what? side markers, headlights, grilles, hoods?
let me know i may be able to help

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
toms river ehh not to far from me.

most wrx/sti susp parts will work on your gdb rs.

dont bother with CAI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
great help guys! thanks alot! im not up on all the subby lingo. whats a gdb or cai?

as far as particulars go .. i would like a decent exhaust that i won't have any problems with. a cold air would be nice too, but the AEM one is $300. that's just ridiculous for a pipe and a filter. the car is a daily driver so long term reliability is a must, and with gas at $5 a gallon, a few efficiency mods are good. the car needs a cat converter(s) so i figure I'll just do the whole exhaust block to bumper and be done with it. not looking for an ultra-loud obnoctous exhaust, but a little rumble is good. no other motor mods. no turbo :( so you can only go so far anyway.

other than that ... i plan to repaint it (HOK Kameleon) but finish it really nice with a solid color sand and buff so it gleems. i do body work so i can take my time on it and make it perfect for next to no money. lower it around 1.5" and get some nice 18" wheels. suspension/body braces all around to tighten it up and tint the windows. that's about it for now.

not really to into cosmetic mods. ok, maybe a couple. more interested in a strong running car :) with correctly configured and installed parts. no racing or mod rockets here. just a solid impreza with a touch of style. thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,535 Posts
GDB is the body code of your car and CAI is cold air intake. id try to find an unequal length header like borla or borla replica, a lightweight crank pulley, maybe some cams if you want to get into that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts