Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an 2002 2.5RS and I was thinking about upgrading my exhaust yet not ready to shell out the 400 for the catback exhaust. I currently have a slapped on muffler right now. I was wondering what would be the differences from buying an Apexi N1 muffler and having a local shop run 2.5" piping all the way back to the converter, verse buying the actual cat back exhaust? Will there be a difference in sound and performance? I would like to save and go with the whole cat back but i am an impulse buyer so i expect to change it out. Does anyone have the Apexi exhaust already? Is this sucker going to be really loud? I also like having the deep sound and not the ricey coffee can sound. Thanks for any help with this dilema

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
The Apexi is rice, you should get a Stromung, Brullen, or a MRT Headerback. The MRT headerback is less than 700 bucks if you look around, and it puts about 14 extra HP to the ground.

·
Registered
1994 L Wagon Grey
517 Posts
A mrt muffler and a custom 2.5inch midpipe would pretty much rock and sound great. My midpipe cost me 50 bucks installed. I am dam happy with it. While it might not be SS its not like in a year its going to fall appart. I would suggest for the few extra bucks you have left, get a new highflow cat or save up for some headers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts