Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 RS, 01 RS, 01 Forester S
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, yes or no. I've searched to only find someone asking the same question.

Will the obx trailing arms for a 02/03 fit a 99-01 RS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-trailing-arms-2002-2005-Subaru-WRX-STI-2-5RS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQihZ016QQitemZ260117277252

My cars getting tore down again, soon. Revamping the suspension, brakes and going after a tranny problem. While its a part I thought I'd throw these in.........if they fit. Our trailing arms are flimsy.

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1998 BMW M3
2,657 Posts
they will fit just fine. trailing arms are same part for gda and gc8, and those knockoff cusco are adjustable to boot-

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
smitch said:
Simple question, yes or no. I've searched to only find someone asking the same question.

Will the obx trailing arms for a 02/03 fit a 99-01 RS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-trailing-arms-2002-2005-Subaru-WRX-STI-2-5RS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQihZ016QQitemZ260117277252

My cars getting tore down again, soon. Revamping the suspension, brakes and going after a tranny problem. While its a part I thought I'd throw these in.........if they fit. Our trailing arms are flimsy.

thanks
Chris
Let us know how it goes. I could add these to my suspension. I am already up to about $1200 in parts so what is another $100.

·
Registered
1998 BMW M3
2,657 Posts
word. that pricepoint its unbeatable. i have the cusco on my car and they were $$$

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im buying them tomorrow. I figure about a week to get here, maybe a day more with memorial day. I plan on putting them on with the teins I just bought. I'll post some pics up.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,222 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, but how would one benefit from adjustable trailing arms?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im looking to get them more for rigidity. When I swapped my diff out I put pressure from the breaker bar on the trailing arm..... I couldnt believe how much they flexed and twisted.

You could maybe dial in a little toe with them being adjustable (Am I Wrong or Right?) The adjustability doesnt make a lot sense to me either.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got them today. I'll get some pics out sometime this weekend (hopefully). Overall they look good for a hundred bucks. Paint is so, so. Theres actually touch up paint where there was a chip. Yes these were new in the box.

OBX :rolleyes:

I doubt the car will make it on ground this weekend, but I'll (cross fingers) have the suspension on and hooked up (efdc).

stay tuned :loser:

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesnt look like Im going to be able to get the trailing arms on this week. I have a few stubborn bolts and dont have air tools. Looks like I'll have to make a trip to my friends house. This means I'll have to have brake pads first. The pads are on the way.

I did make a little progress though. I have the tein coilovers on with a functioning efdc. I had to cut and solder some plugs and wires so it took a little longer (used coilovers). My cusco strut tower brace doesnt work with the little motors. I need some suggestions for front bars that will work. I making a little fiberglass cover for the efdc box. We'll see how that turns out.

A lot more to do before July 9th, Gingerman Honda meet track day. I went last year and had a blast.

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
They can be used to adjust the length of the trailing arm. Making for different suspension setups. I however like them for the second purpose. The stock ones flex because the are made for safety impact much like the lateral links. So say one minute you are in your car spinning circles around a light pole. the next minute you slide a little out and bump a curb at .5mph not even fast enough to scratch the rim, the next moment you are looking at a rim that is facing towards the ground, the next minute you relize you have a broken axle, bent lateral links, and the bolts pulled right out of your coilovers braking the bracket to hub, the next moment you are cussing at these crappy subarus. Just saying it could happen! On the plus side I got whiteline lateral links, a new axle and some special time with me and my car. I mean if that happened to me last year.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^^^Could you tell a difference in handling?^^^^

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
Brydon said:
They can be used to adjust the length of the trailing arm. Making for different suspension setups. I however like them for the second purpose. The stock ones flex because the are made for safety impact much like the lateral links. So say one minute you are in your car spinning circles around a light pole. the next minute you slide a little out and bump a curb at .5mph not even fast enough to scratch the rim, the next moment you are looking at a rim that is facing towards the ground, the next minute you relize you have a broken axle, bent lateral links, and the bolts pulled right out of your coilovers braking the bracket to hub, the next moment you are cussing at these crappy subarus. Just saying it could happen! On the plus side I got whiteline lateral links, a new axle and some special time with me and my car. I mean if that happened to me last year.

Haha. Man, that's some pretty in-depth hypothetical thinking ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts