Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
I ran the stock one for a bit then swapped it for the gigantic one...

The best part about it, I am running a FMIC and the scoop does absolutely nothing! OH THE HORROR:drunk:

At least my firewall stays nice and cool!
I retract my previous statement.

·
Registered
2001 RSTI
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Gave wet sanding and polishing/compounding a go for the first time...

Before

During

More sanding

Polished

90% of orange peel is gone, good enough for now. Slightly burned through a tiny ridge on driver side mirror, got to learn somehow!

**Car has been repainted, DO NOT try this on factory paint!**

·
Registered
2001 RSTI
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Next up... JDM Spec C 6 speed! Bent shift linkage free of charge.

Notice external cooler lines.

Finding a Spec C trans cooler has been impossible!

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Is there any reason to get the 'Spec C' one? A fluid cooler is a fluid cooler really.

·
Registered
2001 RSTI
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Is there any reason to get the 'Spec C' one? A fluid cooler is a fluid cooler really.
Because JDM race car!

Nah, not really any difference other than the cooler hard lines that are two pieces rather than one. I will probably just route the lines together.

did you pick this up locally?
I found a good deal locally from a guy that bought a whole swap to stuff into a 70's VW westfalia camper bus :confused: it was a nutty build. He realized afterwards that the trans would not work. Apparently, his goal is to get a feature on Jay Leno's garage :eek:rly:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I remember this car before the swap, during the swap and after the swap. Glad to see that it went to someone who'll take care of her. She was neglected towards the end of Rick's ownership due to two little hellions.

In order to use the cooler on the trans, you'll need an auto transmission radiator and the hardlines from an auto to boot. You'll have to do some custom plumbing at the trans but otherwise will look factory. A 4 or 6-pass cooler remote mounted will work too. Just be mindful of routing of the lines.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts