Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS- Aspen White
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Mods

Engine: Borla Headers (now wrapped to clear CEL), Intm'd pipe, Stromung SS Dual Tip, PDM intake w/K&N Filter, UR Power Pulley, Magnecore Wires
Suspension: Whiteline: Springs (w/silencers), End Links (front/Rear), Adjustable anti-sway bar, Strut Tower Brace, Anti-Lift Kit, All bushings are poly; KYB-AGX struts, WRX brakes with Porterfield Pads
Misc: (5) 18inch Fox Sports Edition 6 spoke wheels with 215/40ZR18 Pirelli P7000, Dual Gage A-pillar Pod with Oil Press and A/F Ratio, Morrette Headlights, Willan's Harness and Bar, Sunroof Visor (works great), Tinted Windows, Air Horns,
Stereo: Pioneer DEH-P8250 HU w/12 Disc Changer, Alpine 6.5" seperates (front), Eclipse 6.5" Point Source (rear), Infinity Kapp 12" sub in Sealed box, Sony XM-250 amp (rear), MTX Thunder 280 (front), MTX 2200X amp (sub), 1 Farad Cap, Dist. Block

and I'm sure I forgot something....

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS- Aspen White
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$1377 mounted, balanced and shipped 2 day to my door from thetirerack.com

Had to roll the rear quarters to clear ($175 or do it yourself).
My car is lowered 1.7"
The wheels stick out further than the tire so they are easy to scratch on things.... just ask my EX girlfriend...:devil:

Dominic

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS- Aspen White
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it from a friend real cheap, the morrettes too. 200 bucks each!!!! I think you can get them online too...

thanks for the compliment.

Dominic

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
yeah the tower bar is opposite from the way mine is set up, but I'm no expert on all makes, so I'll assume that's the way it goes. That's a nice can and nice wheels.

Nick C.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS- Aspen White
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is yours a whiteline? Remember that in Australia (where that bar came from) they have the WRX. The WRX has an intercooler mounted on top of the throttle body AND would not facilitate a rear facing Strut Tower Bar as you gentlemen are implying.

So ... nope... it's on there right:boxer:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yep...the Whiteline strut brace (and some other braces) bend forward. On the plus side, this allows them to clear the top-mount intercoolers on aftermarket turbo kits for the 2.5RS where bars that bend back (including the STi bars) generally don't clear.

Part of the reason is that the 2.5RS throttle body is closer to the firewall than the WRX (at least the GC8 WRX) throttle body (which is why they can use strut braces that are bent toward the firewall and still clear their intercooler).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts