Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs black
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for new struts, as of right now I can't afford a good coilover system. Im looking to spend around $600, more if needed. What are some good brands and should I reuse my existing spring or buy new ones and if so what kind? Any knowledge will help thanks

·
Registered
1995 JDM WRX
56 Posts

·
Registered
1999 RSTi coupe
402 Posts
KYB seems to be the one to go with. AGX if you want adjustability or Excel-G (formerly called GR-2)for stock like performance. Tokico has no love for the GC/GM/GF guys.

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs black
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would any brand of springs fit with the kyb's? im not looking to lower my car because of how bad the roads are in michigan, im just looking for some sturdy ones that can take some wear and tear

·
Registered
Black 98 RS
34 Posts
Since your worried about the height of your car you should just stick with the stock springs because there are almost no aftermarket springs that offer stock height.

·
Registered
00'RS/02' WRX stgEleventy
2,144 Posts
If you buy struts, replace the top hats(mounts) at the same time.. they have the same mileage on them and are just as worn out.. your car will thank you and you wont be going back in in a month to replace one that will inevitably fail

Sent from an other planet (Tapatalk)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts