Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 99 forester with 263k on it. body is great. undercarriage is clean. no weird noises except for piston slap. haha 263k will do that! but it did have a skip.

i recently also bought a 01 RS parts car with 97k on it. so i figured id put the longblock from the rs into the forester for reliability reasons. the rs ran very smooth, no issues.

well long block is in, the forester is running the same minus the piston slap. i left the 01 rs crank sensor, cam sensor and knock sensor on the longblock and reused them. so it has 01 sensors on a 99

right now i am getting 4 codes

P0463-Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High Input (had this one before the swap)
P1325-Knock Sensor Circuit Low Input
P0336-Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
P0341-Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 or single sensor)

could all this be because i didnt use the sensors off the 99 (maf based) longblock and instead used the 01 (map based) sensors.

the car is sputtering and has very little power. also if i touch each injector i can feel that No. 2 isnt ticking at all...

· Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its all clear up now guys.

the crank sensor, knock sensor and cam sensor code was from when i turned the key on to put it in neutral. the ecu looked for them and obviosly they werent there.

and the fuel code is still there but its only telling me the float on the ending unit is busted.

bud i did fint that cyl 3 plugwire was arcing inside the spark plug tube and was no good. replaced the wires and she is all set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.