Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a postcard in the mail that says I need to make an appointment for a "Safety Campaign." I called them and they said they have to reprogram my engine control module. It has to do with the check engine light. I haven't gotten a CE light yet though. Has anyone else had to do this? Just wondering.

Mike

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
And to add to that, I personally don't take my car to be serviced until the CEL comes on! :D

I got a recall about a year ago and ignored it. Then about 6 months later my CEL came on, so I took it in. That's my M.O.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The car seems to be running fine as is without the reprogramming. I'll wait it out as well. Besides I'm waiting for something official whether it's by mail or by mysubaru.com.
If it's really urgent, then they would have made sure everybody took their car in. it seems more like it's half hearted.

H

·
0 Posts
RS25.com said:
And to add to that, I personally don't take my car to be serviced until the CEL comes on! :D

I got a recall about a year ago and ignored it. Then about 6 months later my CEL came on, so I took it in. That's my M.O.
Careful about ignoring recalls. If they want to get pissy, they can claim negligent care of the vehicle and dismiss your warranty if you don't have them done. :)

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Probably, but then who wants to be on my home page for the crappiest Subaru dealer in America? :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts