Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my '99 OBS did not come with some factory options that I wanted on there. I had a donor '00 OBS that I pulled parts off. Already put on the factory fog lights and getting ready to finish up the factory cruise addition. I did get this control unit for keyless entry, but for the life of me I don't remember where exactly it was located on the car as it's been a few months ago that I took it off. Would someone with the same generation Impreza as mine please look under your dash and tell me precisely where this is located? A pic would be even better!!!!! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
Its roughly above the clutch pedal a good ways up there, there should be a stud sticking out of a metal piece so you can mount the triangle shaped bracket.

·
Premium Member
2000 BRP Coupe
599 Posts
+1

I think the spot is right next to the three relay bracket (fuel pump, main, and other).

Gotta get way up there...might be easiest to pull the dash for a nice clean install.

·
Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. I'll give this a try next weekend. I haven't priced the key clicker and what the dealership will charge to sync the new clicker to my unit. Hopefully not too much.

·
Premium Member
2000 BRP Coupe
599 Posts
there's a guide on here that says how to do that. if you have it all apart, you can do it yourself.

snap! just found it: http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41265

the part #'s:
H7110AS011 - module
H7110AS400 - kit

good luck, and post up on how it goes...i want to do this sooner rather than later, as my dash is currently out of the car. :)

Edit: here's the good stuff
To program the keyless entry remotes you want to

1. With the driver side door open and the key in the ON position
2. Press and hold the programming button for 15 seconds. DO NOT LET GO
3. Press lock on each remote. If you only have 1, press it 4 times, or if 2 press it 2 times on each etc.

·
Registered
94 L AWD, 02 WRX, 06 WRX Wagon
29 Posts
tekgnosis-
can you tell me on those part numbers, which one is just the wiring harnesses/program button?
i have an 01 RS, and my harnesses were messed up by the previous owner installing an aftermarket POS alarm system. if you know please PM me! i have the brain, and remotes, just need the harnesses shown in the picture above and the button

cheers!
Joseph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts