Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 00 impreza 2.5 rs and i am looking to see what might be the best swap shoul i do a sti swap or a cosworth swap or to just rebuild it with good parts im not shure which one i should do or what would give me the most let me know thanks

·
Registered
93 IMPREZA L
430 Posts
ej255 or if your baller go all out with the ej257 with full drivetrain.

i currently have full 06 wrx conversion minus the interior and suspension. I love it thanks to garage tuning for doing the swap. My car is pretty fast will probably keep up with sti's after a vf39, tbe,cai and a protune haha jk it will dominate the sti haha

·
ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
1,815 Posts
cincyrs:

What are your goals for your car? What is your budget and/or timeframe? Would you be doing the work yourself or at a swap shop?

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS STM
52 Posts
ej255 or if your baller go all out with the ej257 with full drivetrain.

i currently have full 06 wrx conversion minus the interior and suspension. I love it thanks to garage tuning for doing the swap. My car is pretty fast will probably keep up with sti's after a vf39, tbe,cai and a protune haha jk it will dominate the sti haha
Did you have to swap over the immobilzer and convert the whole drive-by-wire system on an 06?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the goals are to be fast lol turbo with some good boost no time when ever both me and a shop no real budget

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
no budget? wtf.....

throw a number out there...cause no budget to me means millions of dollars....and if you have millions of dollars what are you doing fucking around with an RS? go buy yourself a koenigsegg and a couple Porsches...throw one my way while your at it...

come on kid....get real and tell us how much you have to spend....hell otherwise i say pick up a V8 sti engine/tranny for 10K and have fun.....or maybe even usdm sti and have at er...

or maybe build up and eg33 and boost the hell out of it...

or if u have 25,000$ buy this:
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/cosworth-subaru-sti-265l-stroker-motor-p-3818.html
and then all the other stuff you need - turbo, ecu, manifolds, plumbing, fuel system blah blah blah

shit dude i can throw expensive supafly shit at you all night long if you want....but until you take the time to explain your budget, your mechanical abilities or resources available to you you're just waisting everyones time!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok yeah if i had tons of money i would have an rs so good one on that trying being smart if i dont have bills or anyting like that u would know that im young i have about 7000 saved up for the swap and all that so i dont think i will be buying any of those cars you put down but nice try

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
ok yeah if i had tons of money i would have an rs so good one on that trying being smart if i dont have bills or anyting like that u would know that im young i have about 7000 saved up for the swap and all that so i dont think i will be buying any of those cars you put down but nice try
man you are pretty hard to understand. Punctuation will help a lot....

for 7000$ you can do a USDM sti engine if you do the labor yourself....that is your best bet

·
Registered
'09 Benz C300 Sport 4matic
95 Posts
Are there any swap shops around Cincy? (Assuming you live there:cool:)

Also whats the emission situation there? If you have to pass some sort of smog test that involves OBD2 then a JDM motor will not pass, must be USDM. If not then I say go with a JDM version 5 or 6 STI motor, a bit cheaper then the newer models and with some bolt ons and a nice tune you'll be set.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah there is a couple of them that are pretty good we dont have emission at all any more they took them away so there nothing to pass so that is one cool thing about it lol. ok thank you that is what im prop going to do. can it come from any year

·
Registered
'09 Benz C300 Sport 4matic
95 Posts
Thats great that you don't have emissions, your options are pretty much wide open on what to run. The motor can come from anything from a Version 2 sti all the way up to version 9 or what ever they are up to now.:rolleyes:

I'm in the process of getting a version 6 front clip(2 month wait,:noes:) I'm going RHD!:banana:

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
yeah there is a couple of them that are pretty good we dont have emission at all any more they took them away so there nothing to pass so that is one cool thing about it lol. ok thank you that is what im prop going to do. can it come from any year
surewhynot

1 - 20 of 36 Posts