Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ok i have a few questions on a swap ive been thinking about i have a 2000 4d rs and i was looking at putting a h6 in it and has anyone else done this befor and if so how hard was it im no stranger to motor swaps im just asking more is there alot of fab work or do the stock motor mounts fit does it bolt up to stock trany or does it have diff bolt pattern just stuff like that thx for all the help

·
Registered
Non-RS
1,294 Posts
Your posts hurt my head. Not to be rude, but please use some punctuation and maybe others will be more inclined to read your posts and reply..

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,403 Posts
the h6 is like the hardest swap evers there are plenty of threads about other swaps that you might find useful but i don't think you have even looked yet becuase after reading yuor first post it seems like you aren't sure what you are looking for so you should really use the search because that will give you a lot more info on how swaps work and what is necessary to complete them but i don't know if you areup for the task becuase it deosn't seem like you are willing to do your own research on this forum and there are lots of other forums you could go check out too and there are lots of threads on here pertaining to swaps and other necessary work that you will have to consider when doing a project like this. k thanks bye.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
If you can shell out the $1500 for the wiring merge, I say go for it.
the mechanicals are the easy part, as i am learning now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
no i know what i want to do. I was just asking about turboing my stock RS to see if it can handle it befor i do the swap but its looking like it cant really. I am new to the forums so im sorry if im asking question that have already been answered but if you could direct me to the search bar it would be much appreciated =)

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
It's right at the top right of the page, the white text that says..... "Search" ....

:cool:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,046 Posts
Ill tell you right now, ive been researching an H6 swap for months now, its not worth it, its an UBER pain in the a$$. A turbo H4, wrx or sti even, is a better option. Also way more part support, EZ30 and EG33 parts are hard to come by, EZ30 stuff is stupid expensive, and just about every EG33 SVX motor has tons of miles on it, good luck..

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
H-6 swaps are pretty cool, though, you have to admit. :D Thing is, yeah, VERY uncommon, not a lot of support. Though, the SubaruOutback.org and LegacyGT.com crowd would be helpful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
lol ya i know a wrs or sti motor swap would be the fastest easyest way but thats just it, its the easy way so other ppl have dont it already and its almost common place, so you dont really got that wow factor and while i know thats not the most important part in a car build, you have to admit that its a big plus when you get it right, but ya ive been thinking and im prob just going to go a whole different route, ive got a few other motors lying around and i got a crazy swap idea =) ill get some pics up of the build when i start thx for all the advice everyone

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
If you can shell out the $1500 for the wiring merge, I say go for it.
the mechanicals are the easy part, as i am learning now.
mechanicals is the easy part. but wiring is the bitch work. seriously... if you plan to do the wiring you better put your effort and sweat into it.. because once you start splicing.. you'll be in the deep neck of them woods!.. and by then.. you cant be like :monkey: this. i say get it done professionally

1 - 12 of 12 Posts