Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 rs and im currently removing the entire rear suspension since im doing a wrx swapped tranny. The rear lateral links are not both round bars. One is round and the other one is a taco/weird shape. Ive been told by people that both should be round. Any reason why i have one round and another one the weird shape? Can anyone post some pics of the oem lateral links?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
The taco shaped one is normal, although I'm not sure why they chose to use them. My current rear awd suspension has the taco type in front. On my other L (fwd) rear suspension, both were the round type. I actually have several extra round type bars.

·
Registered
2000 RS
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone on the forum, the guy who posted the DIY bushing install, has both rear lateral links being round. That's where I started questioning why I have the taco shaped one in the rear.

Currently my rear suspension has one round and one taco shaped.

There are two lateral links in the rear, the round one is the one that has the mounting bracket for the end links and the taco shaped one is the other one.

Do you have a round one that is a direct replacement for the taco shaped one? Are they the same dimensions/length, etc?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
The lengths are the same center to center, but the hole in the center of the bushing may be different sizes. I thought there was only the small size or the large inner adjusting size but maybe not.

When I bring the car to work Monday (just installed awd drivetrain, 4/2pots, coilovers, etc) I will (hopefully) be able to drive it on the alignment rack and tighten everything and align it. I'm bringing some round type links and going to try and swap my taco type out. There seems to be three different hole sizes for the links though. There are two different smaller hole sizes with normal outer bushings and of course the type with the large hole where the toe adjusting bolt goes. I noticed the long bolt seemed to be more loose with one link I tried, both holes looked the same but were not. It was getting late so I didn't try swapping it. Monday I will hopefully have time because I have a short day.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,772 Posts
While we are on this topic, can someone get a measurement of their lateral links center of hole to center?

I got new adjustable lateral links, I do not have the old stock ones (they were cut and discarded)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.