Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
'99 2.5RS
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I touched up the lettering also with a fabric pen but the problem with that is a lot of the stitching has worn away so you’ll never get that original look without somehow restitching it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your best bet with sti lettering is resewing it. I'm curious to see how the fabric spray holds up. I've heard of people also using it on carpet. I've entertained the idea of doing a deep clean on my carpet and then dying it blue vs getting the oem blue carpet which slightly doesn't fit.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT, 1996 Brighton Coupe
2,067 Posts
View attachment 89155
View attachment 89156
Added a bakemono high rise hood scoop. I’m actually a big fan of the oem hood scoop but wanted to try out something more subtle. Looks larger in pictures Definitely way smaller than those monstrous GD style ones.
Got any pictures of how it mounts underneath? I bought one as well for the same reasons.

·
Registered
'99 2.5RS
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system

Font Plastic Art Fashion accessory Auto part

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

picked up some more oem parts in preparation for timing belt/ water pump etc service. Thanks for the info Brandon.

Finally installed the rising tuning intercooler splitter. Fits perfect with the sti intercooler and oem hood. However there was a downside, the fender to hood gap on the driver side is quite large now. I’m guessing the seal is pushing up and making the hood sit higher. Hopefully over time the seal will get squeezed a little.

·
Registered
'99 2.5RS
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Food Material property Font Auto part Transparency

Data storage device Blank media Audio equipment Font CD

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bumper

Picked up some more pieces for the brake refresh project. The rear dba brembo conversion rotors and brake lines were on back order so waiting in those but have these to look pretty in the meantime. Just need to get some pads and get the calipers powder coated and rebuilt next.

·
Registered
'99 2.5RS
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Gear shift Vehicle Car Hood Speedometer

Had bought this oem 02-03 wrx steering wheel awhile back and had some free time so threw it on for kicks. I love how easy it is to swap steering wheels on these older cars. Once the car is more complete, I’ll throw on the non srs steering wheel setup I have.

·
Registered
'99 2.5RS
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Sleeve Font Wood Magenta Fashion accessory

Product Textile Sleeve Font Wood

“Overnight parts from Japan”. Bought these looking to refresh my rear suspension. But found out I already have aftermarket bushings back there and doesn’t look too bad. I’ll eventually get to these later and redo the alignment again. They look amazing.

·
Registered
2001 RSTI & 1999 2.5RS
101 Posts
View attachment 89859
View attachment 89860
“Overnight parts from Japan”. Bought these looking to refresh my rear suspension. But found out I already have aftermarket bushings back there and doesn’t look too bad. I’ll eventually get to these later and redo the alignment again. They look amazing.
So puuurdy!

Do these create wide track rear? +15mm

It looks like you have aluminum LCA in front. If they are GC than track width is narrow, if they are GD they track width is increased +15mm. IIRC

81 - 100 of 134 Posts