Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm Lizzy and I'm a nerd from MA. I just bought my first Subaru, a 2000 2.5 RS sedan, pearl red... with 189K miles! I needed a beater for my last two years at UMass and realized I saved up enough for a FUN one. I plan on taking care of her!

I know virtually nothing about cars. Srsly. All it took to impress my friends in high school was driving stickshift. So yeah, that's my resume. :p That's why I'm here, to learn how to take great care of my car! I want to learn how to mod, maybe not on this Subie but the next one.

If there's a better forum for me to join as a true newbie, I understand and I will check it out as well. Any good places to teach me about Impreza RS care from the ground up? Still, I wanna lurk here and learn how someone can make a great car even better!

Experience looks like the best teacher for this kinda thing, so I plan on doing any work possible myself. My near-future plans include fixing up rust spots (rear qp, surprise!) and replacing a fog light. ...OK, so that one I DEFINITELY can handle, but hey it counts. :p Also my CEL just went on last night, so I'm going down to AutoZone to check the error and see if it's something I can fix myself. =]

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L / 2001 2.5 RS
87 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
^Nice stealing her thread title as your user title stallion91, lolz.

But yeah, this would be the place to learn everything about your car! We welcome you with open arms

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
Welcome & good luck with your car.
Sometimes clearing a CEL can be as easy as just filling up the gas tank, other times, well... it gets more complicated.
You could get an OBDII scan tool and save yourself the diagnostic trips to autozone.
Just go to pick up the parts you need. :)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!!

Ibrake4scoobs, those threads helped a LOT, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. =]

If the CEL is recurring, I'll probably invest in the OBDII scan tool, it sounds like a good idea! But for now I just need to get it off for an inspection sticker. MA is absurdly strict about getting a car on the road. :/

So yeah, tomorrow is fog-light install then registration, then a call to the body shop about fixing up those two rust spots (guess that won't be DIY because the friends who are helping me most with my Subie actually go to someone for that). Also gonna start looking for a new gas pipe (I think that's what it's called -- the tube from gas cap to tank) to replace my very rusted-looking one, which will be a fun learning experience!

-Lizzy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.