Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

ARChER 1.8 Members Journal

40K views 300 replies 55 participants last post by  archer1.8 
#1 · (Edited)
My new car
2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Click here to jump to the new RS http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/75970-archer-1-8-members-journal-25.html

***Engine***
Custom Intake to fender With Torque Box
DIY Grounding Kit
OBX-R 2.5" Cat Back
Polished Valve covers
Felpro Valve Cover gaskets

***Drivetrain***
Ebay Short Throw
Custom Shifter Extender
Exedy Pressure Plate
Exedy Clutch
New 4.11 transmission

***Suspension***
Whiteline 24mm RSB
Whiteline 22mm FSB
KYB GR2 Struts
STi Springs
Rear Strut Bar
DIY Front Strut Bar
DIY Beefy Fender Braces
Audi Solid Rear Endlinks

***Brakes***
Gold Series pads

***Interior***
2000 RS OEM Subwoofer
8 Ball shift knob
05 WRX Cluster
"scoobies for boobies" band
S202 Black Surround
Illuminated Hazard Switch!!
Autometer Gauge Surround
Autometer Water Temp gauge
Autometer Oil Pressure gauge
OBD2 Bluetooth reader for Android Torque

***Wheels***
Auto X - 16" wrx wheels on 205/55/R16
Winter - 15" Neon XT Alloys on Studs
Summer - 17" Motegi White 6 Spokes on Ventus 215/50/17

***Exterior***
OEM fogs
Debadged
Fixed Headlight

***Things to Install***
H6 Brake upgrade

***future plans***
LW Pulley
I Speed Reflash
Gut Cats/Track Pipe
Cams
STI hood with scoop delete

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
***Engine***
1994 Legacy 2.2L Swap w/ 1.8L intake
2.5" Custom Stainless Catback Exhaust
NGK Wires
NGK Spark Plugs
K&N Panel Filter

***Drivetrain***
Exedy Pressure Plate
Exedy Clutch
WRX shifter linkage and bushings

***Suspension***
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
KYB AGX Adjustable Struts
22-24 Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
20mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar
Homemade Custom Front Strut Bar
Modified Ebay Rear Strut Bar

***Brakes***
Front 2 Pot Calipers
RS front Rotors
Duralast Gold Brake Pads
RS Single Pot Rear Calipers
Legacy H6 Rear Rotors
Front and Rear Stainless Steel Brake Lines

***Exterior***
Version 5/6 Grille
Version 5/6 side skirts
Version 5/6 Hood
Version 5/6 coupe spoiler
Version 5/6 Bumper
Version 5/6 Fogs
Clear Side Markers
DIY Clear Corners
Mud flaps
Painted Red Subaru Badge
RS25.com Stickers FTW!!
The Free Subaru Badge of Ownership
Debadged Trunk

***Interior***
Jensen Radio
Sony Xplode speakers
RS Seats
RS E Brake
Custom Shift boot
Rubber floor mats
2.5RS Black Mats
Under dash green neon
"the rare arm rest storage box"
Custom weighted shifter knob

***Wheels***
Winter - 15" Neon XT Alloys on Studs
Summer - 16" Goldies on 205/55/R16 Fusion HRi's

***Things to be installed***
93-96 Grey Interior

***future plans***
Endlinks
Spats

The day i brought it home. Payed 2800, 145,XXX miles on it. Some old people owned it since new so it was taken care of.

First mod was really gay, and I no longer have them..thank god

I didnt have alot of money but i wanted rims bad. Those 14" rims were just bad. So my friend had a 05 Dode Neon that he bought a body kit for and he said if i put it on for him he would give me his rims for free. They look ok

Didint like the stock rubber shift boot and instead of cutting it up and puttin a new boot over it i fabed some stuff up. I attached clips around the plastic center piece and that was fastened to a wire that runs around in a circle then the new suede boot fits over that.

Heres my baby. 1977 Jeep cj7 2.5" lift with a 401cid V8 building this with my dad since I was like 13. Still needs alot of work. Heres a link to the blog i have about it 401 CJ7 JEEP BUILDUP

Bought some side skirts off of ebay

I wanted a front strut bar after putting on my rear swaybar. Didn't have alot of money so i built one out of scrap material i had laying around.
Heres a link to the thread I posted about the build up..Homemade Front Strut Bar - RS25.com: Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community

Well about the middle of March I hit a deer. Fortunately I was only doing 25mph at the time and it just smashed the windshield, destroyed the hood and damaged the bumper. The insurance company gave me $1600 to play with. However, I have been collecting parts for a RS front end swap so i already had a bumper and hood so that was some extra money I had left to do stuff with.

Stripped and ready to go to the shop.

Got it back from the shop along with some painted parts.

While putting the side skirts on I realized I needed new brakes so got new rotors and painted the calipers.

Well its almost done I still need a grille, headlights and fogs. It looks funny right now but the morning after it got done I took it over to a restaurant to eat and I was complimented by some guy driving a Ford. I was proud since the L front attracted only bugs.

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Well I got my 97-98 headlights and RS fogs from Eastfreestyler and install was not bad. I made my own plates that the fogs can mount to. I still was waiting from my grille to arrive so i threw my L grille back in.

I finaly got my grille in the mail today. It needs to be painted obviously, but i had to see what it looks like. I realized that i need a front lip to bring the front end down a little bit, but who knows when or if that will happen.

#4 · (Edited)
Ok well its done now. Next step is to find some of the orange vent cover, clear the corner lights, and install the clear side markers.

So I got some free clear sidemarkers from a guy on here, all i had to do was pay shipping, I decided I would do the clear corner DIY. It turned out really good IMO..ITS FREE!!!

Around May my school's student council or something held a car show for students and the community. Well I got the award for the nicest oldest student car and I got one for the loudest sound system..funny thing is they saw my speakers ans just gave it to me lol.

FIRST AUTOX

Around June I attended my first autox. I was kinda nervous because I didnt want to be dominated. Well some guys on here talked me into it. I decided I wanted to have an in car camera mount so I made one. Turned out great. Its a piece of an old hocley stick that i painted black.

The car ran great and I had a blast. I didint come in last which made me happy and i beat a few wrx's and a really suped up VW so it was a good day.

In July I got a Tribeca 25mm Sway Bar. This thing is huge. I was not happy with it at first because i only had a 20mm bar in the rear. It made the rear end of the car loose. But now i got use to it and can get the car to slide a bit in a tight corner.

Heres the install guide I did http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83557&highlight=tribeca+sway+bar+install

After the swaybar I decided to spend all my money of my jeep cj7 since its been a month since i worked on it.

But when I was at the junkyard looking for Jeep parts I couldnt help but get some Impreza Wagon lift gate stuts.

Heres the write up on how I did it. http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84846

College is now here so mods are slowing down now. Im going to an autoX at the end of August to try out the Tribeca Sway bar.

The day i left for college I attended an Autocross. The Tribeca Sway bar hurt my times with massive understeer.

#11 ·
thanks....my dad is a machinist by trade, so he always has extra material laying around and if I ever run into any serious problems he can usually fix them.

I dont no where to go next. The 1.8L is still running strong, but it has 171,XXX miles on it, and sometimes when i pull out i can give it alot of gas and it will hesitate then it goes its weird. So i might save up for a 2.5 swap or i might just do little stuff and focus on my Jeep and get that done.

#42 ·
WINTER 2009

quote]

hey dude, ok i really love your car's color, i was looking for a green for my subaru but when i saw yours i was 100% sure i wanted the same green as yours, do you think it would be too much to ask what the color code is? anyways thanks man, nice car btw loving the green madness hope to read more

#24 ·
fabe'd?? I had a stock 19mm on the front before the tribeca bar, and yea i still have it on the car but i need to eaither swap it for something smaller or get a larger bar in the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.