RaLLYRoCKeT - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
RaLLYRoCKeT

Old 12-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
rllyrckt
Currently scamming 3 members

Fav Mod: WRX swap & GUAGES
Trader Rating: (1)
Post RaLLYRoCKeT

Ok, so I've been putting this off for a while now, and since im bored outta my mind, I figured now is a good time to go about making my Journal. So here goes...

I got into Subaru's with my first car, a brilliant red 1997 Subaru Impreza L sedan. That was my first car. I knew NOTHING about it until I started my research. Though that research I stumbled upon the 99-01 2.5rs's. I LOVED the look of the car. The hood scoop and vents caught my stare and the foglights just stared back at me. I wanted one so bad....but money was tight so I waited. Then one day last summer I was traveling down a back alley outside of my town and tradgedy struck. I slammed my front end tow hook into the pavement because i didnt realize that the road dropped a good 8 inches with no warning and then rose back up to the normal road height, so I couldnt tell that it was there. Any way long story short, the town told me i had no case because I should have taken notice to it. ahhh I was so upset because i had to part with my beloved first car and such, but then I realized I had the perfect opporutunity to get the RS. well after a few weeks of searching I found my baby. I traded in the L for the RS and got a HELL of a deal on my RS, and the trade value for my car was great being that the frame was bent and the hood didn't line up and the front bumper was 2 inches lower on the driver side than the passenger side. Anyway, onto the RS.
ohh heres a pic of the L just for fun.

Now for the RS.......
The photos from the stealership....

Then...not a day later the modifications started.....
first was a custom short ram intake and TB bypass

After I did that I reveled in the glory of the RS and didn't really do anything to it because i didnt know where to go with it from there....until I found this WONDERFUL site. Ahhhh now i have an idea of what I can do.... When I relized that I wanted a new exhaust, I wanted a STi exhaust, not only because it looks great but the price was right....it was FREE, so I installed it, with the help of my buddy and his race shop.

Shortly, I ran out of ideas of what to do, so then I wanted to try my hand at a "grounding kit" modification. Now it has been a controversial mod because some say it doesnt do a thing, while some say it does wonders for your electrical system. Well in theory it sonded good, so I decided to give it a shot, and I like the results, the time needed and cost. Easy, cheap, and it makes the car "seem" like it accelerates better and the electrical system is not as stressed so i guess it is a helpful mod.

After it sounded really good on the outside, I decided it was time to make the inside sound good also. Once again, through the forums, I decided I wanted a wrx 6 cd stereo, but after some more research and price comparison, I settled upon the Dual head unit with all the bells and whistles that i wanted....direct ipod control, front a/v jack, and 3 subwoofer output and affordable. i couldn't resist.

motorized faceplate was awesome too....

With mostly all my friends having lifted jeeps and trucks and what not, they were ragging on me for buying another car, well they shut up real quick when they saw/rode with me through the dirt roads in my area.
THE RESULTS were AWESOME.

Well...after that i decided upon finally getting into autoX and try my hand at it. The AutoX bug has bitten me and I am hooked....

After the AutoX bug had bitten me, I decided I wanted a set of racing harnesses in my car for AutoX and RallyX purposes.

Last edited by rllyrckt; 12-14-2007 at 06:43 AM..
rllyrckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
rllyrckt

Now that it has gotten colder and the snow has fallen i realized something....My all-seasonals suck in the snow.

Well after realizing that i resorted to to the forums again to research my winter tire decision. I settled upon a set of Bridgestone Blizzak revo-1
My car looked awesome when they were putting them on...

pics with the tires

this one looks like its gonna squish whatever is in its way

halo projector headlight install

i had it all ready for today, then come to find out that the package was forgot at the distrubution center and i have to wait another day till i can put them on. oh well, till tomorow....

I GOT THEM IN... installed them in about 20 mins...i think they look awesome..

Anyways, I have a few things on my Christmas List for my car, including an OEM wrx 20mm rear sway bar and wrx brakes, transmission fluid cooler, and an oil cooler

Last edited by rllyrckt; 12-18-2007 at 08:08 PM..
Old 12-14-2007, 06:29 AM   #3
rllyrckt

Modifications List: As of 01-21-2008

*Custom Short Ram intake
*Front and Rear Strut bars
*STi exhaust fitted to the RS
*Dual Head unit
*Custom grounding kit
*Driver and Passenger 4point safety harness
*Ebay single piece projector headlights
*20 mm WRX rear sway bar
*Custom light bar with 4 100 Watt off-road lights
*-winter set-up-
Bridgestone Blizzak revo mounted on stoke six spoke wheels

Last edited by rllyrckt; 01-21-2008 at 12:51 PM..
Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 AM   #4
rllyrckt

ok, now that ive got some great back roads to drive on and i know them well enough for a night-time drive, i figured i needed more lights. so after looking around, a memer on here was sellin his custom light bar, so i bought it and here it IS.....

Last edited by rllyrckt; 01-21-2008 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: light bar mod
Old 12-14-2007, 06:33 AM   #5
rllyrckt

and why not...another one for fun
Old 12-14-2007, 06:34 AM   #6
cmiovino
2.2L 22b

Fav Mod: Because racecar
Trader Rating: (31)

Mmmmmmm, looks good.

That intake's crazy though I've seen the plastic tube idea before, but the metal tubing is all over the place
Old 12-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #7
rllyrckt

well it was an Autozone idea I had....spectre performance makes it, and i wanted smoething unique, so I just custom built the exhaust with their 3 inch modular plastic intake system, it cost me consideraly less than any other intake on the web
Old 12-14-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
SleepySubie
2.5L RS-T

Trader Rating: (18)

^ if it works it works
Old 12-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
salvator_rizzo
Premium Baller

Fav Mod: butterfly kisses
Trader Rating: (18)

hella clean dude. you should get some amber or clear corners though, would like hella nicer
Old 12-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
rllyrckt

bump for winter set-up pics on second post. ohhh and i hate when packages dont arrive on the day that they are supposed to.