Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

How To Swap To Flat Fuel Door?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jack_Stalk 
#1 ·
Purchased the kit with all genuine subaru parts to swap my flip open fuel door to a flat fuel door but not sure how the cables and everything is ran? Is there an online reference?
I searched and found an old NASIOC thread from 01'. Didn't have anything helpful.

Appreciate any advice or reference...

#2 ·
In my outback sport I pretty much had to take out most of the driver side and rear interior. if You are doing it in a sedan or coupe I would assume it will be a little more difficult just because the c pillar and rear shelf will be in the way. But once all the interior bits, driver seat, rear seats, driver side (front and rear) trim pieces and rear fuel side trim pieces are removed mounting the cable was pretty intuitive. There were a few open clips next to some hard lines and other cables.
Hopefully that gets you a start.

#3 ·
From the factory the cable runs from the driver door sill under the rear seat and out toward the trunk area. The door itself is like 2 10mm bolts and super easy to remove. I personslly prefer the stock 98-01 ridged fuel door because its less moving parts and less hassle to have to flip a level every time you get gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.