GF8 Front Camber - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
 
Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker
 
Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
GF8 Front Camber
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
ricearu142
1.8L
 
Car: 1999 Subaru Impreza GF8 Wagon
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis, Minneosta
Trader Rating: (0)
Posts: 10
Default GF8 Front Camber

I’m looking to upgrade a few suspension components in my GF8. I’m planning on purchasing BC Coilovers, Whiteline arms in the rear, and a few other things. However, I’ve done the research and I just can’t find a reliable way to adjust your front camber without using a bolt or camber plates. Is that the only way? The coilovers I’m currently running have adjustable camber plates for the front, however they don’t do much. Anyone know any secrets? Thanks.
ricearu142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
johnxx
2.5L
 
Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bellingham, WA
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 207
Default

How much camber adjustment are you looking for? What do the current camber plates allow?
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:27 AM   #3
ricearu142
1.8L
 
Car: 1999 Subaru Impreza GF8 Wagon
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis, Minneosta
Trader Rating: (0)
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxx View Post
How much camber adjustment are you looking for? What do the current camber plates allow?
It’s on Raceland BC Ultimo Coilovers currently, which I never got properly aligned (dumb decision). But I’m guessing around -2 degrees. I was hoping to go for around 5-6.
ricearu142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:43 PM   #4
FryphaX
Premium Member
 
FryphaX's Avatar
 
Fav Mod: Registration!
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Home - U.P. of Michigan Work takes me everywhere.
Trader Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,589
Default

You want to run +/- Six degrees of camber? Why? Are you dragging frame?

MAX +Camber setting of Front suspension
__________________
2001 SRP Coupe 8300RPM SOHC 257, 71 HTA, DCCD RA Drivetrain and ms3-Pro
FryphaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #5
ricearu142
1.8L
 
Car: 1999 Subaru Impreza GF8 Wagon
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis, Minneosta
Trader Rating: (0)
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryphaX View Post
You want to run +/- Six degrees of camber? Why? Are you dragging frame?

MAX +Camber setting of Front suspension
Not dragging frame, but yes it'll be low. All I got from that thread is that the only way to adjust camber is a bolt and that I need to get it aligned.
ricearu142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:08 PM   #6
johnxx
2.5L
 
Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bellingham, WA
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 207
Default

That's a different direction than I'm going with my car so I don't know what you'd be looking for exactly if you really want more than about 2.5* of front camber. I've definitely seen an assortment of adjustable camber plates on ebay. Really have no idea about quality, but they're cheap and you might be able to find one that gives you a bit more than your current setup.


The other thought I had is a lot more work, time and money: You could look at widening the track width with different lower arms in the front and adjustable lateral links in the rear. That's really not a quick bolt on thing though. You may need to find longer axles and/or get custom axles made. Sway bar endlink mounts may be affected, but if you want more camber than adjustable camber plates can supply you with, that might be a direction worth investigating.
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
ricearu142
1.8L
 
Car: 1999 Subaru Impreza GF8 Wagon
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis, Minneosta
Trader Rating: (0)
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxx View Post
That's a different direction than I'm going with my car so I don't know what you'd be looking for exactly if you really want more than about 2.5* of front camber. I've definitely seen an assortment of adjustable camber plates on ebay. Really have no idea about quality, but they're cheap and you might be able to find one that gives you a bit more than your current setup.


The other thought I had is a lot more work, time and money: You could look at widening the track width with different lower arms in the front and adjustable lateral links in the rear. That's really not a quick bolt on thing though. You may need to find longer axles and/or get custom axles made. Sway bar endlink mounts may be affected, but if you want more camber than adjustable camber plates can supply you with, that might be a direction worth investigating.
Thanks for the insight man. I’ve talked to a few gf8 owners that have said pretty much the same thing, find a good fabricator. I’m just a little iffy on the eBay plates.
ricearu142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #8
binny
1.8L
 
Car: 1998 WRX
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: OZ
Trader Rating: (0)
Posts: 40
Default

Iffy on eBay Camber plates but want to run 6 degrees Camber?
Adjust the stock Camber bolts to maximum then the same for the BC's tops you can probably get about 5 degrees from that
binny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2019 VerticalScope Inc.
Designed & Powered by Domain Architect