Nguyener's White Wagon (GF6) - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Nguyener's White Wagon (GF6)

Old 05-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #1
nguyener2
1.8L

Car: 1995 GF8 Wagon
Trader Rating: (0)

I just wanted to start a thread for my car build and store all my pics/info along the way. A little about me, I don't have much car knowledge but I love to learn and I learn by taking things apart and putting them back together. I spend a lot of time doing research and reading through forums and they're very helpful.

Past cars: '13 FR-S, I really enjoyed that car, I followed it when it was shown as an FT-86 and finally got one a year after they released. It had barely any power for a modern car but I enjoyed it because of its balance and lightweight. I drove the thing everywhere as I put about 70k in 3 years before it got traded in.

On to the project car: I really love how small and nimble cars used to be in the late 90s and really loved the look of the gc8/gf8s. I originally had my eyes on a blue/tan outback sport wagon that had immaculate interior. Had rust but it was not horrible. The guy never replied to me. So I continued to search. I stumbled on one a few hours away and in March '19 I purchased a USDM White '95 Impreza Wagon L for $500 with a clean title. My original plan was to put an EJ20k and JDM 5 speed in but the more I thought about it the less it made sense (also posted on here and a member asked me why I was going to go to an older wiring harness). I ended up going with a hybrid motor so I don't have to swap ECU/Wiring/Intake manifolds. I got an EJ257 shortblock for very cheap and an amazing deal on brand new built EJ205 cylinder heads. This is very early in the car build and will probably take a while to finish but here goes.

Mods on the car when I purchased it:

Exterior:
Rust free
Missing hood, front bumper, headlights
02 WRX 16" 5 spoke wheels

Interior:
02 WRX front seats
OEM 95 preface lift tan interior

Electrical:
02 WRX harness merged into 95 harness

Powertrain:
None

Drivetrain:
02 WRX driveshaft
02 WRX rear diff
02 WRX knuckles
02 WRX hubs

Suspension:
GF8/GC8 JDM STI front strut tower bar
GF8 Cusco rear strut tower bar
Spec-D Tokico struts
Eibach Proline springs
Cusco pillowtop mounts
White line front and rear sway bars.
--------
Current plans for the car:

Exterior:
V6 STI Aluminum Hood - purchased
V6 STI Fenders - purchased
V6 STI Grill - purchased
V6 STI Bumper - purchased
02 WRX 16" 5 Spoke wheels - came with car
Interior:

Electrical:
02 WRX MT ECU
Cobb Accessport
Powertrain:

-Shortblock:
Used B25C 703 Cast EJ257 - purchased possibly need to get bored/hone
OEM EJ257 Nitrated crankshaft - purchased
Stock STI Rods - purchased
Forged pistons(I have not decided on which pistons to get yet)

-Heads:
EJ205 Cylinder heads, CNC'd to match EJ257 combustion chamber (may get them ported as they are brand new heads) - purchased
Supertech nitrided valves - purchased
Supertech retainers/guides - purchased
BC 272 Camshafts - purchased

-Turbo:
Undecided, possibly a VF37 twin scroll turbo.

-Exhaust:
Undecided, I have a Prodrive axle back that I may throw on.

Drivetrain:
Since I already have an 02 WRX rear diff I may go cheap and get an 02 WRX 5 speed with LGT gearset until I can source a 6 speed.

Suspension:
Not planning on upgrading atm, I'll see how the current set up feels.

I will add pictures later. Thanks for reading. If you guys have any tips or criticism I'm all ears.

Last edited by nguyener2; 05-16-2019 at 10:45 AM..
nguyener2 is offline   Reply With Quote